Monday, November 29, 2010

I Finally Did It!

I finally did it on Sunday…went shopping ALL day with no children. It’s been over 7 months since I’ve done that...maybe even longer! I don't mind shopping with the kids and for the most part they are normally pretty good.  And when they get bored and restless that's usually my cue to go home.  Yesterday I just wanted to shop by myself.  I didn't want to rush, I didn't want to have to struggle with trying to push a stroller in a crowded store, I didn't want to have to stop to feed a hungry baby.  I just wanted to shop at my pace.  I tried on clothes in a normal size change room and wasn’t rushed. I got in and out of the car without having to unbuckle and buckle children.  I shopped in every store I wanted to shop in. And most importantly I took my time. I was excited for my day to myself.  I saw dust in my rear view mirror leaving our street (just kidding) but it happens every time...I spend a few hours away and then I start to miss my babies.  I really couldn't get home fast enough.  I missed them but I needed that day to myself.  In fact I think every momma needs days to themselves.  I felt rejuvenated!  My patience level felt renewed and I think both boys were happy to spend a whole day with just their daddy doing man stuff.  I don't like leaving my babies even when I know I am in desperate need of a few hours out of the house and I think I need to make more time for days like yesterday.  On Saturday Kev and I had a wonderful date night out which didn't start out so wonderful and at one point I even said, "I don't feel like going out, let's just stay home" but there was nothing sweeter than picking up our sleeping babies in their one piece fleece footed pajama's.  Leaving my babies for a few hours really does make me fall in love with them all over again and it makes coming home so much sweeter.  I've had a few rough days with Lincoln (aka Mr. Independent/Do it Himself has to do everything including flushing the toilet after I pee or else he has a major melt down) so the times away this weekend have been much needed and greatly appreciated.  And I got some Christmas shopping done and a few goodies for myself:-)

1 comment: