Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Back

December 1 is always a special day for me.  It's the day the Salvation Army sets up their Angel Tree up at the mall and today I will take my boys to pick 4 little boys and girls!  I love this day and look forward to it year after year!  It's a tradition I hope my boys will always carry on!  It's important...really really important!  We have been so blessed throughout the years and it's one way I like to give back and help others.  So today I will go and teach my boys how to give back and help others.  I love that Christmas is such a giving season!  I want my boys to know it's not all about getting presents but also about helping those in need!  Today is going to be a great day even if two of my glass balls have already been broken and the tree has been up for less than 24 hours-at this rate my tree is going to be ball-less my Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. oooh you have glass on your tree? arent you scared one of the boys will get hurt?
    They sell plastic ones !

    That is awesome ... its such a great idea to make it a tradition to give back! We cook turkeys for the local food bank each year and always adopt a family though the salvation army. Its nice because you can choose a family with kids and actually get to SHOP for them.. you create their Christmas hamper and get to buy a toys for each child, things they need...even a gift for the parents... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do the Angel Tree too! It's such a special part of the holidays. Before my mom was married to my step dad, she was a single mom of 3 girls by the age of only 24 and our names were all on the angel tree so it holds a very close spot in my heart.

    Good work Tabitha...so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete