Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lincoln Loves to Swim...What?!

So....we dropped swimming lessons.

  After two horrendous sessions I pulled the plug. But not before I gave it much consideration.  I mean I don't want my children thinking that they can just drop out if they don't like something...I am all about facing your fears and finishing things to the end but I really did fear that I was doing more harm than good...and he hated it...really really hated it!  He clung to me as if I was going to let him drown and screamed at the top of his lungs-I just couldn't go through another four sessions with him like that.  MRC has parent and tot swim on Fridays and I thought I'd take Lincoln to that just to see how he did in  a less structured environment and the kid freakin loved it!!!!  He was up to his chin in the water splashing, kicking blowing bubbles.  I was shocked, baffled, speechless!  Seriously, seriously, seriously?!  I don't know if maybe my Lincoln is too cool for swim school but he played in the water as if he's been a fish his whole life (FYI he's always hated pools).  He loved it!  My eyes are still bulging but I am happy oh so happy that he had such a great time.  We were in the water for almost an hour and a half and he didn't want to leave!  I don't know if it was because the water was warm or if it was the fact that he could walk into the water and touch the bottom the whole time.  I just don't know but all I know is that I have a little fish on my hands and we will be back.  I don't know if we are ready to re-start swimming lessons again but I do know that we are off to a great start!  Ahhh I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. Yipeee~! That is awesome news ! He is just like Grayson ... and probably most kids.. The deep pool is scary..they fear it because they cant control it.. but in a gradual depth they shine like little swim stars :)

    You are going to have so much fun going swimming with him... its one of my favorite things to do with Grayson, we go several times a week in the mornings :)

    Too bad we aren't allowed to take any pictures in pools anymore :(

    We took our underwater camera (a small older cannon camera with underwater housing) to the pool and were immediately told absolutely no cameras allowed ..just in case we were creepy perverts taking pics of others in their suits.. yuck!

    ReplyDelete