Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Well pumpkin carving didn't go as planned-Lincoln wasn't the least bit interested and he wasn’t into wearing either one of his costumes for more than 2 minutes but once the kiddies started coming to the door he was all about his costume!!!  Loved loved loved seeing the excitement on his face when the door bell rang and he got to hand out candy!  Then we I told him we needed to get dressed up so that we too could go trick or treating-he was just so excited!  Lincoln went as buzz light year and Nate was a little bear!  I don’t know when or where this started but Lincoln is terrified of anything “scary” and I mean terrified!  Shrieking girly screams, arms wrapped around my neck...it was kinda funny!  We’ll have to work on  more of a manlier scream for next Halloween!  Both boys did really well!  And Lincoln loved knocking on peoples doors and saying “cric treat” and surprisingly the only thing he wanted to eat out of his pumpkin bucket was a sucker!  I loved how people had little things of play –do to give to little kids-what a thoughtful and great idea!  We got 7 of them!  And I think we’ve started a new family Halloween tradition-taking a pic in front of the Houlihans house.  Both boys fell asleep on the car ride home...we put them to bed...and then went through Lincoln’s candy to make sure it was safe...OK we raided is candy and it was good!  When I was younger my brother and I would come home and spread out all of our candy on the floor and then we'd put our chocolate bars in piles and count who had more of what as if it was a really really big deal.  Then my dad would come along and take his share-now I'm the parent that gets to go through my kids candy and take my share and since they are both so young I guess it's all mine!!

My cute little bear


Pumpkin carving time


Buzz Lightyear


All ready to go!




The loot!
 

Where's Nate?
 


Us a year ago-Nate was little babe in my belly
 
 

A year later!
 

2 comments:

  1. the "safe"candy.. ahah my dad always raided ours to!!
    we also would lay it all out with brown paper bags and sort them into piles.. lol.. and I was always so jealous of who ever got more chocolate bars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the before and after with Nate in your tummy!
    Grayson just saw me looking at the pictures and he saw Lincoln in his Buzz costume and started yelling "Buzz Buzz Mama Buzz!" lol.. so funny!

    I am very disappointed in the massive amount of candy my boys hauled in this year... somebody has to eat it and I am betting it will be me ;) As they get older they bring in more and more 'tandy' for their parents to eat , haha...

    ReplyDelete