Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where Has Time Gone?

I went looking for a photo tonight and started going through Lincoln's photo albums...seriously where has the time gone?  I sat there shocked looking at pictures of my sweet little boy and it seems like those moments were ages ago!  Why does time have to move so quickly?  Why can't I stay in some moments forever?  I know time has to go on and I know if I was stuck in the moment of Lincoln being 1 all over again I wouldn't have little baby Nate but ever since we had Lincoln time is just flying by!  It made me realize how precious time is and to not take one moment for granted.  So much has changed in the two years since Lincoln has been born and I can't believe how much he has changed.  I don't ever want my memories to fade.  I don't ever want to forget the moment I saw those two lines on the pregnancy test (as shocking as it was).  I don't ever want to forget the emotions...I still remember those feelings...when I close my eyes tight I remember them all and I remember thinking "this is what it feels like to find out you are pregnant...take it all in...this moment will not last forever."   I don't ever want to forget the moment I saw his perfect little body on the ultrasound monitor.  I don't ever want to forget how blessed I felt.  I don't ever want to forget the moment I went into labor.  I don't ever want to forget the moment I was told I was in labor (5 weeks early).  I don't ever want to forget my labor and the pain and the songs that danced through my head while I huffed on laughing gas in a small dark shower!  I don't ever want to forget the sounds of the doctors voices telling me to push.  I don't ever want to forget Kev's encouraging words.  I don't ever want to forget the moment he was placed in my arms and I kept yelling "He's so beautiful" over and over and over again even though I hadn't even seen his face...but I just knew.  I don't ever want to forget how perfect I thought he was!  I don't ever want to forget the emotions that flooded my body.  Life was perfect...it was grand...it was spectacular...and it was...it truly truly was!!!  I don't ever want to forget the moment the nurse handed Lincoln to Kevin...wow! what a moment...a moment that will forever be etched in my brain.  I will never forget that moment!  I don't ever want to forget how in love I fell!  I don't ever want to forget how grateful I was to have been able to hold him immediately after he was born (he was born 5 weeks early and we were told we weren't going to be able to hold him).  I don't ever want to forget the love that filled my delivery room after he was born.  I don't ever want to forget the moment my dad walked into the delivery room after he was born holding his cup of Tim Horton's coffee...why I'll never forget that I don't know but I remember the proud look on his face and I think that's why I remember that moment.  I don't ever want to forget the walk from the delivery room to the hospital room...pushing my baby in his bassinet...yes this is MY baby and yes I just had him and yes I am proud.  I don't ever want to forget the first moment I saw Lincoln in the NICU...as hard as it was I don't ever want to forget the emotions I felt having to leave my baby behind and the emotions I felt every day when we would go to the hospital to see him.  And the emotions I felt when he was snuggled so perfectly in my arms.  I don't ever want to forget that moment when we went into the NICU on July 11, 2008 and we were told we could finally take our baby home.  I don't ever want to forget those emotions...pure, pure, pure, joy!  I don't eve want to forget falling in love with my husband all over again.  I don't ever want to forget the endless hours I spent rocking my baby to sleep.  I don't ever want to forget the sound of his sweet innocent voice calling me mom for the first time.  And I don't ever want to forget the hours I spent watching him sleep peacefully.  I don't ever want to forget his first steps and his first words...all his firsts.  I don't ever want to forget the moment he became a big brother...oh what a moment!!!!! 

He's only 2 but it feels like he's been apart of my life forever.  He made me a mommy...the moment I had waited for my whole life!  I don't know why God chose us to be his parents but I am so blessed that he did.  Lincoln you truly are an amazing son and I am so so so blessed that you have come into our lives.  You are loved...so very much loved!



















3 comments:

  1. so sweet tab,i know how you feel. i think about how time flies almost every day. love to see pics of you smiling with your teeth btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post tabitha. what a sweet, but detailed, view of becoming a mama. you sound so proud! definitely agree...time flies...way too fast. it seems like since becoming a mommy the clock has turned to double-time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you are taking in every moment! so you wont look back and look for wasted time.. it was all used up!!

    ReplyDelete