Saturday, November 13, 2010

We AREN'T Crazy

Well Thursday was a holiday and why not spend it shopping with the fam in the states...uh maybe not!  We were at the Sumas overpass and it was backed up and Kev turned to me and said "Do you think this the lineup to the border?" and I was like "Psh...uh no of course not there is probably an accident."  Nope...no accident it was the line up to the border!  We detoured around and there it was-car after car after car...miles long!  It was insane.  We drove to Aldergrove thinking "hey maybe that line up is shorter"...nope even more insane!  Wow I can't believe how crazy people were yesterday!  The line ups were miles long...insane...absolutely insane!!!!!  And we weren't about to wait in those line ups with two babes and I can't believe that some people were crazy enough to wait!  I don't know if it's the fact that the dollar is par or if people just wanted to head down south but holy moly I wasn't about to waste my day in a line-up!

So instead we headed to Metrotown which was probably equally insane!  Man I tell ya that mall is always packed and it doesn't make it any easier when your two year old wants to walk around!  At one point I thought maybe we were insane...shopping with two kids (and boys at that) can get a little hectic but we do it to ourselves!  And I 'm so grateful that Kev was kind enough to agree to go to Metrotown with me!  I love shopping but now a days I find that my time is limited and I really don't have the patience anymore to be in a crowded mall around people who only want to take their sweet sweet time!  We got some Christmas shopping done and Lincoln quite enjoyed himself walking around like a big boy!  I think on Friday I'll attempt the U.S. of A with my two boys!  Hopefully then the line-ups won't be as long!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I am SO glad we didnt go after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have an amazing husband! dustin would have turned around and went to lous.. ahah..

    ReplyDelete