Sunday, November 7, 2010

Swimming Lessons

So yesterday Lincoln had his very first swim lesson...and he didn't like it!  We've been talking about swimming lessons for weeks and how we are going to go into the big boy pool with the other kids and when I woke him up yesterday morning and told him we had to get ready for swimming lessons he let out his "I'm so excited" giddy little laugh!  He loves baths, and blowing bubbles in the water and he lays on his stomach and kicks and puts his head under water.  At my parents pool he just plays on the stairs and in Maui he loved the hot tub but I think it was because he could walk around in it but any time you take him into the pool he just hangs on to us for dear life!  He did just that yesterday...arms clenched around my neck, shrieking screams...he was terrified!  Kevin, Nate and my dad came to watch and Lincoln screamed at the top of his lungs, "Papa, Papa, Papa" over and over again.  I finally had to motion to them to sit down so that Lincoln couldn't see them...even then he cried for his papa!  Once we got into the kiddie pool he was a totally different child-hopping like a frog, blowing bubbles, sliding down the slide, acting like he loved water!  I am really hoping these lessons bring him some self confidence when he's in the pool!  And of course I forgot his pants at home (I took him in his swim shorts) so the poor little guy had to walk out with his jacket and diaper on.  Note to self: check bag before we leave! 

Back in the day when he loved the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment