Friday, November 5, 2010

Back In the Day

So my mom has this old fisher price circus train from back in the day and Lincoln is obsessed with trains and every time he goes to Mom and Papa's house he has to go get the train right away.  The thing is in bad shape...meaning the hooks that are suppose to hold it together are broken so it's held together with elastics.  She's been on the hunt for the same one and I said I'd look on eBay and there it was...a bunch of them...and they are not cheap...we are talking $75-$150 for this little fisher price train...but now it's vintage so of course they are going to charge you an arm and a leg!  Which really dates me...if this toy is now classified as vintage what does that say about me?  Ahhh I'm getting old!  So I've now placed a couple of bids on eBay (I'm an eBay virgin) and I'm hoping we score this train at a wicked deal!  Lincoln would love it!  I also came across some old fisher price pretend food from back in my day and it brought back so many memories!  I can't believe how much people are asking for this stuff-$60 and up!  It's crazy!  But I have to admit this play food was the bomb back in the day and it still is!  I thought about buying it but couldn't justify spending $400 on play food for the kiddies (sorry kids)!  It is super cool stuff though!  And it's vintage!  Pretend food now a days just isn't as good of quality as it was back then which is funny cause you think it would be the other way around!  Oh I'd love to have all of these things again!




And this kitchen...who could forget this kitchen!!!!!




This one was the cheapest at $60!

Seriously...how fricken cool is this set!  And I remember the griddle makes the sound of bacon frying!

Ahh the can opener and the soup...I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVEDDDDDD the mc donalds set as a child!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was seriously JUST thinking about the mcdonalds set the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that coffee maker..and most of those fake foods...the element/burner, I remember that, you turn the dial to turn it 'on' and the red comes in the element bit...
    The coffee would dissapear if you turned it upside down...and the mcd's food..who can forget that!!! no wonder we love mcds...we were brainwashed !

    Awesome stuff..what a blast from the past...I have good memories from all those great toys :)

    ReplyDelete