Monday, April 25, 2011

Hoppy Easter

I know the title's lame but seriously how funny is "Hoppy Easter"  bahahahaha:-)  Ahhh what an amazing weekend!  Spent all day Friday playing and lounging with the kids.  The PJ's stayed on all day!  And everybody was happy and content.  After that 4 day work week I was in need of a 4 day weekend:-)  Friday evening Lincoln and I colored eggs.  He loved it!  And things didn't get as messy as I thought they would:-)




This year I decided I was going to make paska.  I didn't really know what it was but it looked delicious and everyone seems to talk about it every Easter.  My friend Kacey posted this link on how to make it and I was pumped.  Until I read the first ingredient:


                                                     -2 tablespoons active dry yeast


What the hell?  Active dry yeast?  That was the end of my motivation.  I was clearly out of my league on this one.  No paska was made.  I'm OK with that!  Maybe next year!

On Saturday Kev and I were able to sneak in a shopping trip to Morgan Crossing while the kids spent some time with Nana.  He sacrificed a motorcycle ride on that gorgeous sunny day to spend the day shopping with me.  Now that's love.  I'd like to thank H&M for declining my MasterCard.  That may be a sign that I shop too much:-)  Thank goodness my debit card was in working order (and usually it isn't cause I never use nor do I ever keep money in my checking account).  I once tried to purchase a $1.74 coffee and it came back as insufficient funds.  I rarely ever use debit for that reason.

We had a delicious dinner at Nana's house followed by an Easter egg hunt.  And the kids had a really fun time!


On Sunday morning the Easter Bunny made a stop by our house and the kids got some goodies.  One thing I've been trying to do is talk to Lincoln about the true meaning of these holidays so that he knows it's not just about candy, chocolate and goodies but really about the sacrifice Jesus' made for us.  I don't think he quite gets it yet but one day I know he will.




Somebody started the Easter egg hunt early!

Finally a picture with both of them looking at the camera and smiling!

Thank you Dusty and Kevin for the facial expressions. 


We had dinner at my parents and watched the game.  It was INTENSE!  My heart was racing.  I was praying.  And I truly believed they were going to win.  I was ready to jump up and scream and high five but then Chicago scored and that just sucked.  I'm still a believer.  Bring it Chicago!  We are ready for game 7!  And so is Lincoln.

Our weekend ended off with a photo shoot for Nathan and his two buddies-Lennon and Quentin (all three were born within a month and 10 days of each other).  And man were they cute!  And the best part...probably the cake smashing!  It's so cute watching 1 year old's interact!

No comments:

Post a Comment