Friday, April 1, 2011

We May have Ruined Lincoln...and His Future Chinese Food Experiences

Yesterday I was craving Chinese food bad!  So we ordered it.  I asked Lincoln what he wanted for dinner.  We've struggled with him eating chicken (and any other meat) but lately he's been good...actually he's been real good.  So last night I asked him if he wanted chicken for dinner and of course he replied "no like chicken"  ok so I said "how about sweet and sour pork...you know pork is pig"  "no like pig"  "what about beef?  Beef is cow you know"  "no like cow."  So I went down the list of other meats jokingly (jokingly being the key word)...what about bird, horse, duck, cat, dog.  And what does he want for dinner...kitty.  Okay.  So we left it at that.  Then while eating dinner he bites into his almond chicken and says "mmm kitty."  Great he thinks he's eating kitty.  Then he takes another bite and says "mmm doggie."  I lost my appetite soon after.  Kev thought it was hilarious and played it up.  He ate is food firmly believing he was eating cat and dog.  Not really the way I wanted him to be tricked into eating chicken.  And the worst part...his absolute favorite stuffed animal is kitty (his little orange cat).  I'm hoping that since he's two he won't remember this dinner ever again and refer to his chinese food as cat or dog.  But who am I kidding...this kids got a great memory.  Oh Lincoln...I'm sorry!

Lincoln's beloved kitty


BFF's

3 comments:

  1. bahhaa.. that is so funny!! poor little kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is hilarious!
    Its so funny what we do to our kids to get them to eat.. Marks son Cooper is seven years old and he still has to be reminded not all meat is 'chicken' because when he was little all he would eat was chicken.. so we just said 'yes thats chicken' at every meal..
    When Jamie was two or three years old he went to stay with his Auntie Leah for a long weekend and she fed him 'cat food samwich' *Tuna from a can*. So Jamie comes home asking for 'cat food samwich pleese' for lunch and I almost threw up in my mouth. Needless to say there was a very quick phone call to his Aunt asking what the heck was going on!
    Of course 2-3 year olds are very smart and so he ended up calling Tuna , Cat food for a year or more.. !
    Poor Lincoln.. maybe dont eat chinese food in a restaurant for a few years.. the owner may not like him yelling "Yummy Kitty and Puppy!" while he eats. .LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Krystal I'm glad to know someone else has had a similar situation! I'm just happy that Lincoln hasn't asked for kitty for dinner!

    ReplyDelete