Friday, April 8, 2011

DYI Disaster

Cake pops.

Simple right?

Nope.

This is what they are suppose to look like:
This is what mine look like:

This is what the first one turned out like.

The finished product.


These suckers were suppose to be painless.  Make some boxed cake.  Crumble it up and mix it with icing.  Roll into balls. Put into freezer to harden a bit.  Put sticks in.  Dip in chocolate and sprinkles.  Done.

These things were messy.  And I had chocolate every where.  And I now understand why people charge $18 for 12 cake pops.  Folks save your time and give your money to Starbucks.  There cake pops are beautiful and I'm sure they taste a hell of a lot better than mine.  And dear guest.  When you eat my cake pops you will like them and tell me they are the best cake pops you have ever had (I'm partially joking).  But man these things sucked the life out of me.  I don't know if it was because the chocolate I used seemed to be thick and heavy or if maybe I just wasn't meant to be a cake pop baker.  I was hoping to have found a new purpose in life.  I didn't.

And the chocolate covered strawberries that I made didn't turn out as beautiful either.  It was the whole drizzling of the chocolate that didn't work.


I'm going to blame it on the chocolate.

This is what my kitchen looked like:


Time for some R&R.  I'm beat!

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats what my kitchen looks like every time I 'bake'! Except its not as nice as yours ;) haha... I love the two seat trays in the mix, so cute.
    FYI: I bet they will taste great, they DO look amazing and delicious and the strawberries are GORGOUSE! you are like me, just too hard on yourself. Trust me, they will look beautiful to you too once you get some R&R. When your kitchen is clean and you are rested , look at them again and congratulate yourself.. They look SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete