Friday, October 14, 2011

Life Lately

Today is day 39 of being on bed rest.  How's it been?  Hard.  Especially on beautiful fall days like today.  Yesterday I sat outside while the kids played and Kev cut the grass.  It was chilly.  And at that moment I realized fall is just passing me by.  I wish I could take my kids for walk...to the park...for a picnic.  This weather screams fall walks!  Now if this was a normal Friday I'd be at work and there would be no walks involved but it's hard being stuck at home sitting on a couch.  And looking out the window just doesn't have the same effect.  Today would be a perfect day to sit on the patio while the kids nap with a pumpkin spice latte.  Mmmm! 

One of my life's best decisions was starting this blog.  Due to boredom yesterday I went back and started reading old blog post from a year ago.  They made me smile.  And I got to remember things I had completely forgotten about (ie. the times when Lincoln refused to nap and would sit in his room crying and then he'd wake Nate up and it would just end as "one of those days").  I miss baking with my kids.  Since I've been off I've collected tons of amazing cookie recipes including New Yorks Best Cookies and I desperately want to make them!  Reading my blog solidified my want to stay at home with my babies:-)  Some days are hard but for the most part I love being home with my babies and being able to do whatever we want whenever we want.  Impromptu trips to White Rock for Frozen Yogurt...I miss those!  One thing I really missed doing this year was going to the Seattle Zoo (Woodland Park Zoo).  We planned to go in September and ever since I found out about my cervix life's been put on hold (well sort of)!  I was really looking forward to it this year too because I know Nate would have loved it (and Lincoln too).  Oh well there is always next year!

As for our little one-it (yes it) is still doing good!  I had an appointment on Tuesday and the fluid around the baby's heart is still the same and the doctor's aren't too concerned.  My cervix is still short but stable (ya!).  Our little one's heart rate was 142 bpm and is measuring in the 43 percentile.  It'll be interesting to see how big this baby grows in the next few weeks!  I have big baby's so I wonder if this little one will follow in it's brothers foot steps or if it will stay "average."

Wednesday night marked the "I'm pregnant and my bodies a complete mess and nothing fits" night.  It just happened.  It was Kevin's hall open house and I was leaving the house (this was  big deal to me) and of course nothing fit.  And then later on that night I got a glimpse of my naked back side getting into the tub and I had to do a double take.  "Was that really my ass?"  Yup it was and it was frightening!  After I got out of the tub I did the thigh test (standing with my feet together to see where my inner thighs were at).  Normally they don't touch.  Not any more.  They're just squished together.  Now I'm not complaining.  Gaining weight is just a part of pregnancy and anyone that knows me knows I'm not one to watch my weight or count calories.  And I firmly believe that if you don't want to gain weight then you shouldn't get pregnant.  I'm just at that point in my pregnancy where I'm starting to feel huge.  So huge that rolling over in bed isn't just a simple roll any more.  I literally have to wake up, sit up and then move to the other side.  If I were to roll I'd probably crush my body with the weight of my belly:-)  I've been determined this pregnancy to NOT buy any maternity clothes (mainly because most maternity clothes are not flattering) so I've been living in leggings and tank tops.  And I know I'm in desperate need of leggings because the other day my mother brought up the fact that she knew I was wearing striped underwear.  Yes my leggings are slowly being stretched to the max:-)  I was going to buy a pair of jeans but when I 'm at home I'm lounging in pj pants or my lululemons and leaving the house is rare for me so no need for maternity jeans:-)

Now I sit and wait for my littlest to wake up!  Poor little buddy had his 18 month shots today and he was not pleased about that!  The only bonus-I did get some extra snuggles today from him:-)

Happy Friday!

Family of 4 at Hall 7, 2011

Hall 7 Open House, 2010
Hall 7 Open House, 2008

The boys this year, 2011

The boys last year, 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment