Thursday, October 27, 2011

High 5 Dinner

Tonight I got a high five at dinner.  I rarely get a high five.  And it was something we've never eaten before.  Well I don't think I've ever eaten it before.  I found this super awesome website.  It's absolutely amazing!  I started off drooling over all the yummy desserts and then started going through some of the dinner ideas (located under recipe index).

So what did we eat for dinner?

Pork tenderloin.

http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2009/06/oink-oink.html


I didn't think I was a pork tenderloin type of girl but I am now!  I was so good!

I made a few changes and I cooked it for an hour rather than 45 minutes-after 45 minutes there was still some pink inside and I didn't know if pork needed to be cooked all the way through or not.  Even if I did over cook it-pouring some of the sauce over it made it super juicy!  And most importantly my kids ate it!  When I first read the recipe I was a little hesitant-I never thought about mixing some of the ingredients together (soy sauce, honey, dijon mustard).  I have a hard time "stepping outside the box"-that's probably one of the reasons why we are surviving off of shake n'bake and other non-exciting meals!  I'm definitely glad I "stepped outside the box" on this one because it was a huge hit!

Here's the recipe:

  • 1 pkg. pork tenderloins (2 tenderloins, about 2-2.5 lbs.)
  • 4 garlic cloves-I used minced garlic (about a tablespoon)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 T. country dijon mustard (whole grain mustard)-I used regular dijon mustard
  • 4 T. honey
  • 2 T. fresh orange juice
  • 1 T. finely chopped fresh rosemary OR herbs de provence-I used packaged rosemary
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 3 T. olive oil
Yield: 1 cup of marinade.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Take tenderloins out of package. Rinse and pat dry. Place in a 9x13-inch Pyrex sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Take a paring knife and poke holes in the tenderloins (on the top side only) about an inch deep. Peel garlic cloves and quarter each clove of garlic-lengthwise. If they're really big, cut them a bit smaller- about the size of slivered almonds. Place the garlic slivers in each pocket. Set aside while making marinade.

In a measuring cup or in a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except for the olive oil. Then slowly drizzle the olive oil while still whisking.
Pour the mixture over the tenderloins and put into preheated oven. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, basting once halfway through the baking process.
Once removed from the oven, allow the tenderloins to rest on a cutting board for about 10 minutes before slicing. Spoon the pan sauce over the tenderloin medallions and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment