Sunday, October 16, 2011

Our Day

I needed out of the house!

And I don't know who needed it more:

Me and the baby:


Or these two:
And this has now become my new favorite picture!  It may have something to do with the fact that it was taken with instagram...my new OBSESSION!

Normally Kev is home on Sunday's but today he went to Oregon to look at a vehicle (we are getting down to the wire and cannot find the vehicle we are looking for up here).  We thought about taking the kids but the 12 hour road trip didn't sound like the best idea so I was stuck at home with the boys!  I was bummed I couldn't go-I NEEDED out of the house! 

And it doesn't help knowing that right now I had planned to be in Hawaii.  I had booked these 3 weeks off work in hopes of going to Hawaii-ahhh breakfast and coffee on the patio with my mom and boys in the morning, relaxing on the beach, endless date nights with my husband.  Yes I'm bummed I'm not there right now.  I talked to my mom this morning and heard the crazy birds chirping and my heart ached and longed to be there.  As soon as I heard the bird chirp (well actually it's not a chirp it's more of a screech) but none the less it brought me back to mornings in Hawaii-really there is nothing better.  The thought of Hawaii makes me smile...everything about it.  I yearn to be there and if my medical insurance would cover me I'd be on the next plane out there!  Oh Hawaii I miss you!  I WILL be needing a vacation after my bed rest is over.  I don't care if it involves flying with three kids under the age of 3 and half!  It'll be worth it!

Any ways back to reality.  I packed up both kids.  I needed to feel the warmth of the sun and smell the fresh fall air...and the taste of a pumpkin spice latte!  Today turned out to be perfect!  Window down driving with the kids...yes perfect!  Sitting in a car is a lot better then sitting on the couch watching Despicable Me with the millionth time!

We hit the flats to look for tractors.  Every tractor we saw papa was driving it!  After that I still wasn't ready to go home so we took a drive up Eagle Mountain and passed their beautiful clean park.  It called our names!  I desperately needed to pee, found an porta potty then took the kids to the park.  This actually was the best porta potty I've ever peed in!  It even had a nice smelling hand sanitizer in it!  I was surprising impressed!
When you gotta go, you gotta go!


My doctor's said I am on "limited activity" and I'm going to assume sitting at the park, sipping a pumpkin spice latte and watching my kids play is considered "limited activity."  If not it felt so good breaking the rules!


At the park I dealt with a whiny three year old that wanted me to push him on the swings.  How do I explain to a three year old that mommy is on bed rest and has a short cervix and that he needs to play by himself while I park my lazy ass on the bench and watch  him play.  I had to pull the "OK that's it we're leaving right now if you don't stop your whining" speech over and over again!  Then he asked if I was done with my coffee cup so that he could pee in it.  Yes indeed I was, and I wasn't about to pick my lazy butt off the bench so I helped him pee into my Starbucks cup right in the middle of the park.  And I didn't care at that point who saw us!  It's one of the perks of having boys-they can stand and pee:-)  FYI used coffee cups come in handy (for boys) when you are on the road and need to stop-way better than stopping at some nasty germ infested gas station and trying to help your three your old pee without touching the toilet!  And Lincoln likes to stand and pee but yet he's not tall enough for most toilets and it can just turn into a horrible germ phobia moment for me!

The kids had fun (once Lincoln stopped whining and realized I actually wasn't getting off the park bench to push him on the swings)!  Oh and I witnessed the sweetest moment between my two boys: Lincoln and Nathan walked up to the swing set where two moms were pushing their little girls.  They said "hi" to the boys and Lincoln put his arm around Nathan and said "hi this is my brother Nate."  I love brotherly love!

He's actually trying to hug his brother...not put him in a head lock!





Yes, Instagram is my new obsession.  I am the proud new owner of a (used) iPhone (kev's old one-he upgrade of course).  I'm not a phone person.  And usually my phone is dead at the bottom of my person.  I think I've had my phone for 4 or 5 years and when the opportunity arose for Kev to upgrade to the new iPhone he took it convincing me I could have his old one (which is so much better then my htc touch).  I don't have a data plan nor will I be getting one-I don't use my phone that much but it's great for using at home and instagram...well what can I say about instagram!  It's great fun!  And makes picture look super cool and I feel some what special being able to take pictures with instagram now!  I can't get enough it!

And to finish off our great afternoon:


Baked goat cheese and roasted garlic with cranberry sauce and naan

And now I wait for the hubby to come home!  He was missed today!

1 comment:

  1. Love your lunch, its making me hungry!...

    Instigram... not sure I get what it is... but I am not an iphone user...I thought maybe your cameras 'white balance' was off before you said something, I was looking at your pictures thinking , why are they so yellow and blurry?! (*sorry!) ...

    anyway...foot in mouth me, I am sure there is something nice about it or you wouldnt love it! :) ... so glad you got out to enjoy some sunshine with a Latte! Its the simple things we take for granted when we lose them... Happy Sunday !

    ReplyDelete