Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Battle of the Chicken (and other meats)

Lincoln hates chicken...or so he claims..."NO like chicken"...every night we struggle with this!  I'm all about choosing my battles but unfortunately for Lincoln this is a battle he won't win.  Lincoln use to eat everything and anything.  I secretly laugh when I hear first time moms say so proudly "I'm so lucky my child is such a good eater."  Yes wait until they are 2 and they have a mind of their own and have an opinion on everything!  Lincoln's become a vegetarian (except he still loves hot dogs-which, by the way I don't buy, but we do indulge in a Costco hot dog every now and then), he won't eat chicken, salmon or beef.  Every night we battle with him over eating chicken.  And I mean battle...tears, screams, time outs, pleading, negotiating...night after night.  Sometimes he's compliant and we negotiate..."You can have more rice if you eat a piece of chicken"  "Okay mama"  other nights it's "NO like chicken, no like rice, no like carrots, no like chicken cut up, no like perogies, no like perogies cut up etc."  Tonight was one of those nights and after what seemed like hours and a few "maybe you just need to go sit in your room while mom and dad have a quiet dinner without you screaming" Lincoln came down stairs and devoured 3/4 of a piece of chicken.  So much for his "no like chicken."  He's stubborn...very very stubborn and will do things on his terms and in the mean time Kev and I are left taking deep breathes!  Oh Lincoln you sometimes give us a run for our money!

No comments:

Post a Comment