Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This and That

I have to start off by telling about our day (I'm going to work backwards).  On Sunday I bought these white plant pots and plants from Ikea.  I only bought two and when I got home I realized I could put them all over the house.  So today the kids and I headed to Ikea to buy more of these:



I'm in love with them!!!
My poor Linc.  At Ikea he had to go to the washroom.  So I set up the toilet with a bunch of those toilet seat cover things and because of them he ends up getting pee all over his boxers and jeans.  Our shopping trip just started.  We couldn't go home.  I just pulled up his underwear and pants and he didn't notice that they were wet.  I just went for it.

We headed over to Coquitlam center (since we were in the area) and H&M was very good to us!  I finally got Nate a Rolling Stones shirt and Linc some boxer briefs.  Ever since Linc was little I vowed he would only wear boxer briefs and the only place I could find them was Gymboree and at $12 a pair I knew I needed another supplier.  And the ones I got from H&M are so freakin cute!  Of course Linc had to go to the bathroom so I had to put our stuff on hold and hightail it to the nearest washroom only for him to tell me as he's sitting on the potty that he doesn't have to go any more.  Great.  He must learn never to call wolf when he doesn't have to pee and mama's shopping.  We got our goods and headed back to the car.  Before I left the mall I asked Linc if he had to pee.  He said no.  So I buckled the kids in and away we went.  Linc started to whine that he wanted to go home and hug daddy.  Any time he was to pee really really really bad and has been holding it in he starts to whine, wants to go home and wants to hug everybody and anybody.  I asked if he had to pee and he said yes.  I stopped at a gated entrance to Riverview hospital.  Not exactly the place I wanted to be stopping at but hey he had to go.  And of course where I stopped there was a memorial set up where someone died from a car accident.  Nice.  OK Linc's never peed standing up so there we are on the side of the road and I'm trying to teach Linc to pee standing up.  It didnt' work and he just wanted his "big underwear on."  I don't blame him.  I asked if he was sure.  He said yes.  So I buckled him in and away we went again.  I looked in the review mirror and now he's holding his crotch.  Traffic is practically stopped and we need to merge onto the highway.  I ask him again if he has to pee and he said yes.  So again I stop on the side of the highway.  Turn on my hazards.  Grab his chocolate milk box, whip down his pants, and tell him to pee into the box in which he does.  And there on the side of the highway sits a little chocolate milk box filled with pee.  A momma's got do what a momma's gotta do.  It had to be done.  As I was buckling him back into his carseat I was chuckling.  He chuckled right along with me and together we shared a moment.  A moment I will one day tell at his wedding.  On our way home we had an impromptu visit at Nana's work and then headed home so that I could start dinner. 

To top off our evening Kev's in the kitchen with Nate and Nate's standing up leaning on Kev's legs.  Kev smells crap.  Then Kev looks down at Nate who had explosive chuncky diarrhea all up his back.  He required a bath.  And I don't have the slightest idea how to clean his clothes.  I don't know if I should just huck it all in the washing machine or if  I should rinse it off first.  Agh!  It's gross!

For dinner tonight (since Kev was at fire practice) I made this salad I saw Jamie Oliver make on the Internet last night.  I am not a salad person unless it's Caesar salad or has a high calorie, high fat dressing on it.  This one sounded good.  So I chopped up lettuce, avo, red peppers, cucumber and some cilantro and mixed it with a bit of olive oil and raspberry vinaigrette.  I cooked up some chicken with a bit of olive oil and ate that with some tzatziki sauce and it was the yummiest dinner I've eaten in a long time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night we had friends over for coffee. I have officially passed over into adulthood.  Growing up my parents would always have friends over for coffee after dinner.  My mom would pull out baked goods from the freezer and brew a pot of coffee.  I just assumed my generation would never do this.  We'd always invite friends over for a drink (usually beer).  Now...we invite friends over for coffee.  I didn't have frozen baked goods to pull out but I did make brownies (the box kind) and banana cake (I used actual ingredients).  I love boxed brownies.  To me they are practically fat free.  Why?  Because you just add an egg (eggs are healthy), water (waters healthy) and oil (a little oil never killed anyone).  And because I don't have to add any of the "not so good for you" ingredients I deem boxed brownies to be healthy.  There...I've justified it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday we went to our friends wedding.  Nana had to cancel on Friday because she was sick and so the mad scrambling to get a babysitter began.  My parents were en route to Maui, my sister in law was working, my other sister in law was having friends over, chrissy and adam were going out, my brothers were working and my sister was working.  We were out of ideas but Kev said "no there's got  to be somebody...let's brainstorm."  So I sat there thinking and then kev offers his suggestion-"What about Kacey?"  I just about dropped dead.  And he was serious.  Kacey is 30 weeks pregnant.  She has a 2 year old.  And she lives 2 hours away...in America.  I have banned Kev from brainstorming.  He's not very good at it (that's not entirely true but in that moment he wasn't very good at it).  I had to wear my new Betsey Johnson dress.  There was no ifs, ands or buts about it.  I even bought panty hose (which I snagged a million times just getting them on) and painted my nails.  In the end my sister ended up coming over after work with her boyfriend and they had a blast with the kids.  I was a bit worried because Mackenzie isn't the most maternal person I know.  She doesn't want kids and doesn't really like kids so needless to say I was a little hesitant on how she'd be able to handle the two.  And she did wonderfully.  And to my amazement (in fact I think my heart even stopped beating for a moment) she offered to bathe Nathan for me.  And not only did she bathe Nathan she also bathed Lincoln.  I was impressed.  And she even cleaned the house.  My brother Houston came at 9 to watch them while they slept.  He decided to dress up in Kev's fire fighting clothes and take random pictures of himself around the house then emailed them to me.  Yes kinda weird I know.  Do I tell him there was breastmilk in the bottle?


I love weddings!  Especially the ceremonies.  I always cry.  Before I got married I'd cry at ceremonies because I could one day imagine my dad walking me down the isle getting ready to give me away to another man (which happened to be Kevin).  And the thought of that always made me emotional.  I still get emotional because I think of that day when Kev and I held hands, looked into each others eyes and vowed to love each other forever.  And I get emotional just thinking about the day when my boys get married.  I get emotional during speeches too!  I find it hard not too.  And I know I'm going to be a wreck on the days I have to give a speech at Linc and Nate's weddings.  They need to slow down and not grow up so fast.  Anyways we had a great time.  I got to debut my new Betsey Johnson dress.  I left with my ears ringing and my throat was soar and had a good laugh on the way home.  Asia, Asia, Asia!  Ahhh good times...good times!  Oh and it must be noted.  I heart buffets.  I love food.  And yes I ate the last 3 brownies!  And no I'm not ashamed!  Bahahahahaha!  Seriously...my buffet eating skills are off the charts.  I have a plating system.  It's all about maximizing  your plate space.  The more space, the more food.  It makes sense.
Steph looked BEAUTIFUL!!!

Me and the man that stole my heart!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the breast milk bottle, scares men to death if he knew what it was. Hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you had to say who the man at the end of the aisle was (Kevin). Thanks for clarifying lol.

    Check out my post re: Kingston's poop this morning. Gah! Be glad it was just up his back.

    ReplyDelete