Monday, March 28, 2011

A Week FULL of FUN!!!!

Last week was AMAZING!!!!!!  It really was!!!  Thursday night was ladies night at our place.  I can honestly say I am so blessed to know such a wonderful group of woman!  We all worked at Milestone's together (except Kacey) and throughout the years we've all gotten married and had lot's and lot's of babies (and we are still producing them:-)  I love getting together!  The food, the laughs, the conversations, the stories...I just love it!  I look so forward to our get togethers!!!!!  I ended up crawling into bed at 2:20 am that night!  That's how great the evening was.  I didn't brush my teeth and I didn't clean up the kitchen and I even went to bed with my make-up on...it was all worth it:-)

I will ALWAYS laugh when I see these pictures (Angela I stole them off facebook) and Lue this is in remembrance of you (we've forgiven you for choosing fun in the sun over us):

Bahahahahahaha!

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!
Friday the kiddies had a play date with their American friend Olive and Canadian friends Easton and Avery.  And if I do recall no cried, screamed, or threw a tantrum.  Very successful play date indeed!  I think Lincoln plays better at someone else's house than when he's at our house...he doesn't dominate, and he doesn't run around the house grabbing toys and yelling "MINE!"  Don't get me wrong he's still not a perfect sharer (I don't think that's a word) but he does so much better playing at someone else's house.

Saturday was the much anticipated and much awaited "Shopping Day" for Chrissy and I!  It started at 9:30 with some Starbucks and then we headed to Metrotown.  And we shopped!!!!!  I think we were both starting to lose hope for new boots until the annoying sales guy at Mantique(seriously Mantique has the most annoying sales people EVER) told us that the new Steve Madden shoe store opened up!!!  And the look on Chrissy's face when she saw the boots that she wanted was magical!!!  Almost as magical as seeing my children's face on Christmas morning!  She was thrilled!  And so was I and boots were purchased!!!!  We ate some nutritious and delicious food at the food court, shopped, shopped, shopped and shopped until we literally couldnt' take it any more.  My arms hurt.  And our first annual shopping trip was a HUGE success!  We ate dinner at Cactus Club (so yummy), received some picture texts of our little ones from the hubbies and then headed home.  And I think my babies got cuter and sweeter while I was away! 

I needed this shopping day...desperately!  I think as a mom I sometimes forgot about myself.  I love shopping for my kids and was always more concerned about getting them cute little outfits.
It's not that I stopped shopping for myself but I'd buy things here and there.  And when it came to getting dressed in the morning...well I was just hopeless...I'd just throw on a t-shirt and a pair of Lulu's.  Or...heaven forbid...I'd lounge in my flannels all day!  It was nice to have a whole day to just concentrate on buying clothes for myself (well...I did buy the boys some stuff).  And I got a pair of jeans.  Very rarely do I buy myself jeans.  Especially since I've spent 18 months in the last 4 years being pregnant!  I got two pairs of boots (again much needed), some casual tops, a dress, some leggings and some accessories.  I have all my receipts neatly stacked.  I'm too afraid to add them all up...I think I'll just keep the number a mystery until the credit card statement comes in.
No big deal...just pumping and eating in the food court!

We were ready to drop at this point!

Kev had a blast with the kids.  He took them for a drive, watched some trains, took them through a car wash (and when you are 2 that's really cool), took them out for slurpees (Lincoln, not Nate), made them dinner, bathed them, then put them to bed.  And he said they were perfect...and that melted my heart!  I am very grateful for Kevin:-)  And I think he's one amazing father:-)

Saturday also marked the 11 year dating anniversary for Kev and I!  I am thankful for McDonald's!  And I don't even think I can describe the last 11 years!  But I am more in love than ever!  And that's what matters:-)

2 comments:

  1. I love Chrissy's pic of pumping and eating in the food court! So funny, you guys are too cute, reminds me and me and my sister. We have weakness for food court food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. poutine coupon!!! all those pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete