Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I am going to leave haircutting up to the hair dressers!

Today I cut Nate's hair.

He always gets mistaken as a girl...even if he's wrapped in a blue blanket.  Poor kid.  Kev's breaking point was when we were going to Maui and this couple had a bet going on as to whether or not Nate was a boy or girl.  The guy won!  So Kev cut Nate's precious locks...and he did a good job and Nate looked cute. 

Nate's hair has been getting long in the back and on the sides again and I thought "hey I could cut it."  No big deal.  I've seen Linc get his hair cut a thousand times and it didn't look that hard (although he's never actually had a decent haircut).  So I cut it!  I big chunk of Nate's locks in my hands...cut way too short...oops.  He looked butchered and all I could do was keep going.  I didn't mean to cut it so short.  He's got a bob.  It's bad.  But I had a way to fix it...a plastic kids comb and Kev's side burn trimmer...that should do the trick!  Nope...things didn't go as planned.  I decided to quit and put Nate down for a nap.

I should have stopped.

Then I looked at Linc.  He needed a haircut.  And instead of learning from my mistake with Nate I decided to cut Linc's hair.  I decided to stop when I couldn't get his sideburns even.  I think I'm done with cutting the kids hair.  We'll have to make a trip to the hair salon this weekend.

When my mom came over she told me we needed to texturize Nate's new bob.  We tried.  It's useless and poor Nate has to live with my consequences...sorry buddy...not mama's greatest idea.  It'll grow.

2 comments:

  1. we need a picture of the new styles haha! i've tried cutting kids hair before...never again! my sisters ended up with crooked, super-short, asian looking bangs...and right before pictures at school. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh tabitha thats hilarious you are just like me. I thought the same thing and went, "too bad I wrecked Graysons hair, second time is a charm, get in the chair Jamie!" to my twelve year old.

    I DESTROYED his hair with my expensive new haircutting scissors and I even used my new thinning shears ALL over the place on his head.. what a catastrophe. My poor poor boy was saying, "no mom, I really like it"... LOL! I was saying, Jamie you dont have to lie! but he seriously did.. but I made him go to the salon and had them chop it down and fix it.
    The hairdresser looked at my boys' heads and said, "dont ever try that again ok? Please just bring them here!"
    So emberassing.
    Apparently if you buy expensive haircutting gear that doesnt mean you can cut hair.
    *so dont feel bad ;)

    ReplyDelete