Saturday, February 26, 2011

My "START THE CAR" Moment

I love that Ikea commercial where the lady runs out of Ikea with her bags yelling "START THE CAR" because she got a steal of deal-love it!  And I love steal of a deals!  Yesterday I had a "START THE CAR" moment and it wasn't after my successful shopping trip at Ikea.  A few years back I had an incident at a store (which will remain nameless) where they wouldn't return something I bought and the lady was a real bitch...in fact she was such a bitch I told her to "Have a Merry Fucking Christmas" (excuse the language).  Now I don't normally walk around telling people that...actually I can be quite passive at times but this lady was rude and mean and so not very nice.  My mom was with me and we still laugh about the incident.  In the end another store took the item back and they were super sweet and nice but I vowed I'd never go back into that store...until yesterday.  And I fell in love with a mirror but due to our Ikea success I had absolutely no room in the car for it.  It was $300 and on sale for $100-it was a hard deal to pass up but we literally had no room.  Later that night I was still thinking about that mirror-it would have gone perfect in my little hutch thingy area.  So I phoned the Langley store and they had the mirror but they said it wasn't on sale...long story short and a few phone calls later and the Langley store said I could get it at the sale price (apparently a bunch of things were on sale and they couldn't find their sale list and didn't actually know how much the mirror was suppose to be on sale for bla bla bla bla (long story not so short any more)!  So I made an impromptu trip out to Langley at 8 o'clock last night sans kids.  As I was purchasing the mirror the lady said "That'll be $67"!  Uh say what?  So I whipped out my credit card.  Then she turned to the other lady that worked there and said "Hey these mirrors are an additional 50% off right"  "Yes they are" said the other lady!  SCORE!  My total for my $300 was $33.59!!!!  I couldn't sign the credit card slip fast enough and I hightailed it out of the store the whole time thinking "START THE CAR, START THE CAR" except for the fact that I was by myself and the only person starting the car would be me.  I threw the mirror in the back of the trunk and drove away leaving a trail of dust behind me!!!!  I had to stop to reposition the mirror in the back and feared the sales associates would be chasing after me saying they charged me the wrong amount.

Now if I would have told my dad this story he would have said something like "what would Jesus do?"  And I know Jesus wouldn't have high tailed it out of the store, mirror in hand, yelling "START THE CAR!"  But how could I argue about the price of my $33.59 mirror?  And I'm not quite sure if Jesus would be high fiving me for my steal of deal mirror or if he'd be kinda pissed that I didn't correct them and tell them that the mirror was actually $99.  Now both stores were were a little unclear about the actual price of the mirror so maybe it was suppose to be $33.59.  I just don't know.  Either way I love my new mirror and I have the perfect place to put.  And here is the steal of deal beauty:

2 comments:

  1. ahahahaha.. i LOVE that commercial!!!! me and dust joke about it all the time! what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! your hilarious... what would Jesus do... well maybe Jesus would say that it was meant to be ;)

    They have been having HUGE sales on their mirrors lately I was going to get one too, the hermnes black/brown one, but they dont let you order them online and theres no way I could have fit it in my car so I didnt get it :( sadness!

    ReplyDelete