Tuesday, February 1, 2011

De-Junk

had to de-junk my closet!  I had clothes in there that I kept telling myself "I am so going to wear that again one day" and the truth is...I know I won't!  They're clothes from back in the day...before I became a mom and honestly a Guess lace midrift that laces up in the front exposing my skin probably isn't something I am going to be sporty any time soon but I'm holding onto it because it cost a lot and I think I've maybe worn it once.  There is no hope for that shirt!  I tend to do that...hold onto clothes that cost a lot, barely worn and just don't have the heart to take to MCC.  Then there's the mens Tommy Hilfiger sweater I bought because I thought it was cool...I might still need to hang onto that one. 

I think I am a hoarder at heart...everything has a memory and I have a hard time letting go...but at the same time I really really do hate junk and clutter and I much prefer organization.  I started on my closet which led me to start going through the rest of the house.  I have a huge bag of boys clothes that I need to donate and next on my list is the kitchen cabinets.  I try to clean out our closets every few months and it always seems like we have so much stuff.  I am really trying to get organized before the big move...it'll just be easier that way.  And there is something so refreshing and rejuvenating about getting rid of junk.  Once spring comes I don't want to be stuck in the house cleaning...I wanna be out walking with the kids or taking them to the park or taking them on impromptu trips to white rock.  Bring on the warm weather! 

Right now both kids have snotty noses...they are gross.  I'm not a fan of snotty nosed kids and it's the first time that both kids have had a snotty nose for more than a day...and it's the kind that runs all day long constantly...and their coughs sound like seal barks.  I was almost embarrassed when snotty nosed Lincoln started barking like a seal in the McDonald's play place...he was like the child you don't want your kid to play with.  But then the other kids started barking like seals and I didn't feel so bad.  My poor kiddies!

2 comments:

  1. poor little seals
    Hey Big Brothers is great they PICK UP your junk :)
    The worst kind of icky nose is not the runny seal bark one, its the green thick snotty one that gets ALL over the place and makes them look super diseased.. hate that one :(
    PS: My kids and I had that awful runny nose seal bark cough for over a month... hang in there, I hope they feel better and you dont get it!
    PPS: I have to admit, I bought these things called space bags and actually labelled some rather large bags with PRE BABY BODY and TEN POUNDS AGO in the hopes that one day I will be back in the zone and size to wear those expensive wonderful skinny girl clothes again. One can dream! I just cant let them go.. I spent lots of money on them.. and so I guess that makes me a hoarder too .. haha

    ReplyDelete