Monday, February 21, 2011

The BIG Move

I should probably be sleeping...actually I KNOW I should be sleeping but I can't.  Today was our BIG move into our new place.  I thought maybe we needed a few hours to move the odds and ends over...I didn't anticipate that it would take the WHOLE day!!!  Non stop...box after box of God only knows what.  When I moved from my parents place to our first house when Kev and I got married I had a few things...a bed, dresser, a few boxes, knick knacks and some odds and ends.  A few car trips later and I was done.  Fast forward four and  half years and two children later and we have accumulated A LOT of stuff!  I'll blame this one on the kids...toys after toys after toys.  We had some help from Derek and Sarah and we are so grateful for their hard work.  Now I sit in a house that's full of boxes that are calling my name to be unpacked.  In fact I should probably be unpacking now.  Once everything got moved over I think I did about 30 laps around the kitchen table...not knowing where to start.  It was overwhelming.  I get like this when there's so much going on and I don't know where to start.  Once everyone left I knew I needed to start unpacking.  We couldn't bring the kids home to this...it was chaos...and they had no room to play.  I started in the living room then moved on to the kitchen...opening up box after box.  I needed to take advantage of the time I had without the kids to get as much done and so I did.  I knew I needed to unpack one box then head onto the next.  My anxiety went down...phew! 

Today we had a few hick ups along the way...our $3000 precious beautiful, love of my life fridge...doesn't work!!!  Insert super frustration here.  Yup...no interior lights and the damn thing won't get cold!  Hick up number 2-Shaw guys couldn't figure out the wiring for our cable and tv...insert mind about to explode here.  After some persuasion to keep looking for the right wires they were found!  Thank the Lord here...I probably couldn't have handled any more hick ups!!!!  We don't have our washer and dryer hooked up yet, or our phone or our dishwasher, but we do have cable, internet and a working gas stove.  Lovely!

My saving grace for today was our dinner at Butch and Gina's with some friends.  Now I phoned to cancel cause it was 4 o'clock, our house was a disaster, we still weren't done moving and I hadn't seen my kids all day but once Butch told me that he had spent all day preparing cheese balls, marinating meat, and wrapping scallops in bacon (for our fondue) I couldn't resist.  Plus I knew Kev and I needed to get out...we were starting to get snapping with one another.  Lincoln is having a sleep over at mama and papa's and Nate joined us for fondue.  And I am so glad that we went!!  The food was to die for...seriously!!  The cheese ball goodness things melted in your mouth, meats were marinated perfectly and those bacon wrapped scallops were deadly.  And to top it off we finished with chocolate fondue...yes please!!!  Oh and the hours of laughter we shared was the best part!  Nothing beats a night of laughter!!!!

And as for my reason to not sleep...I think I'm kinda scared.  We don't have door handles...on any of the doors yet...including the front door.  So every time the wind blows it sounds like someone is trying to break into the house.  For the first time I miss our old house.  I was excited for the move and wasn't feeling too sad about leaving the other house but it's finally hit me.  This house is bigger where as our old house was only 2 floors and we've almost always had tenants so I've never really felt alone or scared in that house.  This house is three floors...it's just us.  And Linc's not here to spend our first night in our new place and I miss him terribly.  I know he's nestled in between my mom and dad  and having a "seep o'er" as he calls it.  It warmed my heart when he phoned us tonight to tell us good night...those are the best calls..."goodnight mamma, I uv you mamma"!!!

I know I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow which includes dropping off my babies again at my mom's place so I can go clean the other house for the new owners.  So much to do.  And that damn fridge has got me frustrated.  I don't want a tech to come out and look at it I just want a new one!  And all those boxes to unpack.  I didn't get time to fully de-junk our house because we moved so quickly.  So for the next few days I'll be going through every box and deciding what stays and what goes.  I don't like living in chaos and can't wait for everything to be put into place.  I must try and get tired now!  One beautiful thing I'm loving about this new place is the view out my bedroom window...tree after tree after tree...with the big bright moon shining through!  I think just maybe I'm gonna love this place!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww... the creaking door and big house I can so relate to! As a single Mom for many years I rented a house all alone with my little guy and it was just creepy. I remember falling asleep with my telephone every single night completely terrified and hearing people breaking in all night long... trees creaking in the wind. So awful!
    Even sometimes now when Mark is out of town I feel 'unsettled' when its only me...
    I am sure you will settle in and get used to it, because you are not alone, you have Kevin and two lovely boys..
    Maybe you will get a dog? They can be a huge comfort as well as security :)

    Your Fondue night sounds like so much fun! I have NEVER done any type of fondue.. isnt that weird? i think I have to ! :) sounds fun and yummy...

    Did you get the big beautiful fridge that makes Ice and filters your water too? I love those.. we didnt have room in our place for one, I cant wait to move and have one again!

    Happy unpacking you, enjoy your dejunking and decorating.. its going to be incredible when you are done I am sure! :) I am going to go make coffee now because just thinking about unpacking a house makes me want coffee..haha...

    and that seep oer and goodnite Mama is so precious.. I can just see Grayson doing the same thing.. if only his Nana lived closer, I would miss him though!

    Enjoy your new home Tabitha! :)

    ReplyDelete