Saturday, February 19, 2011

Our Day of Love!

I am not a huge Valentines Day fan which is funny because I love gifts and flowers and I know Valentines day is a perfect day for that but it just seems so forced to me-like people HAVE to go out and buy gifts and flowers and chocolates.  It is a nice day to be reminded of our love for one another but I prefer presents and flowers "out of the blue" not because Kev felt like he HAD to (though I have to admit I did run out to buy Kev a gift (he desered it:-).  I just don't like sitting in a crowded restaurant feeling rushed surrounded by a zillion people...not my thing.  And I have a thing about receiving flowers on Valentines...I love flowers but they jack up the prices such much on Valentines Day that it just doesn't seem worth it...however my husband was still one of those men lined up with a bouquets of flowers in his hands waiting for them to get wrapped...and I love him for that.  I tell him not to buy my flowers and he still does...I think he's a keeper:-)


My Valentines Day morning started off with snuggles from my two little men while Daddy went to work.  We hit the store for some heart shaped donuts to bring to papa and then hung around home packing.  Then the kids and I made an impromtu trip to Save-On for some ingredients to make these:
Idea coutesty of Chrissy...thanks Chrissy!

I made 2lbs of these delicious chocolate covered strawberries and devoured most of them by myself while watching the bachelor with my lover.  They were divine and I was in heaven!  I am so very blessed to be loved by three amazing men and I hope they know just how much I love them!  Happy Love Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tabitha , those are a work of art! They look so yummy. :)

    I know what you mean about Valentines day. Its so commercialized. Mark and I skip most things to do with Valentines (although I did buy every one of my men some valentines chocolate treats from Purdys), but mostly because our anniversary of our first date is on February 11th.

    So we celebrate that instead and get to skip the whole Valentines hooplah. I still get my flowers and card and we do a dinner.. but there is not a zillion other couples out on February 11 :)

    I think I will try making those strawberries one day.. !

    ReplyDelete