Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Whole Lot of Randomness

I am officially over it...unpacking...it's overrated...I'm done!  What brought me to this conclusion....hmmm I think it's when Nate fell down the stairs this morning when I was doing some unpacking in the boys rooms.  Yup poor little guy took his first big tumble.  My first instinct when I saw him at the bottom of the stairs was to grab him and phone 911...I knew I was overreacting and instead just cuddled him on the stairs...Lincoln too came to offer Nate some snuggles which was super sweet.  And after a few tears what does the little bugger want to do...climb more stairs.  Now that I'm done cleaning the other house in the evenings I'm gonig to devote my nights to unpacking, sorting, cleaning, and de-junking.  Trying to unpack with two kids just isn't working for me.  I have a new found respect for anyone that moves especially those with children...man this is tough work!   

Both kids have adjusted well to the move.  Both are sleeping great at nights (as always).  And Nate has found a new love of stairs...and using my new stainless steal fridge as a standing post.  Kev told me I need to get over my anxiety of finger prints on the fridge, stove and dishwasher.  I know he's right but this is our first time with stainless steal appliances and they are so pretty and clean looking when they are finger print free!  My Lincoln has been crawling into bed with us in the wee hours of the morning. It's a habit we'll soon be breaking (sorry bud).  The other night I heard him creep in then I heard him leave.  When I opened up my eyes there were blue and green stars all over our ceiling.  He had brought in his turtle, turned it on then went back to his room to get kitty, teddy and "B" (blankie).  I couldn't kick him out of our bed after that.  It really was a sweet moment.

Our house is officially not ours any more.  And I am Ok with that. I said goodbye to every room, walked downstairs shut the door and left.

After much complaining our new fridge arrived Tuesday along with the $75 door removal fee-why oh why do they insist on charging you a fee to take off the fricken fridge doors in order to get it inside.  What the heck is the delivery fee for then!  Ugh!  Anyways, it works, our food is cold, and the lights turn on when you open the doors...I'm in love!  I'm also in love with my new washer and dryer.  I think it's the little tune it sings to me when it's done!

Love these two!

My new love!


Now I'm not a believer in astrology.  I don't believe that if the stars are aligned just right and Jupiter is positioned a certain way-that's how my fate is decided. I don't have Sagittarius tattooed on my lower back or anything like that.  BUT I do like to indulge in a little horoscope reading every now and then-it's fun.  Kev and I are both Sagittarius' and this is what our horoscope said the day we moved (February 20, 2011):


There's no question that your focus is on home, family, and domestic matters right now.
Discussions with family members, especially parents could be significant.
You might experience increased chaos and activity at home
due to renovations, residentual moves or visiting guests.  But in the bigger picture,
something is going to happen that enlarges your home scene,
either through family (marriage, adoption or birth) or through your physical digs.
You might move to a bigger place or buy something for where you live
so that your home feels richer.  Something related to real estate
could change your life for better!

I haven't converted over to believing in astrology...I know God has my life already mapped out but I just though this was kinda pretty crazy!

And for some more complete randomness.  I was reading Kelle Hampton's blog yesterday about how her church group made her break her cd's cause they were worldly, evil and coaxed....brought back memories of when my mom allowed my to buy 1 tape (yes tape) and I bought green day.  I was terrified she'd find the tape and read the lyrics...so I sold it to a friend.  To this day I've never told her that story.  That tape was a classic.


Now it's time for mine and Kev's date-kids in bed and a night of pvr'd shows.  I'm taking a break!


3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Tab...Green Day and Our Lady Peace were my first tapes!!! LOL I saved all my berry picking money to buy them...:) Glad you are all done and enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved this post because it's soooo me right now!!! :) thanks for the horoscope, my fellow sag, it seems to fit me to a T. i am terrified of the stairs too - i'm so glad nate's OK! we don't have a gate up yet and i thought we'd just see how it goes for a few days:O GL unpacking! when we're all done lets grab a strong drink! LOL, we deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.. that is funny you sold it!!

    your poor little guy :( stairs are so scary.. glad he is ok.. and that fridge looks amazing! glad it was worth the wait!!

    ReplyDelete