Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Retail Therapy

Sometimes I like to shop as if I have endless amounts of cash!  I think it's a sickness and then I see my account and I have one of those "Oh %^&% where the heck did my money go?" moments.  I've had a few of those lately.  It just feels so good to spend money!  In fact Kev put me on a "major purchase buying" freeze until we get a new car.  Hence this is why I don't have my new headboard...yet.  I will add that he hasn't frozen his account because I see some nice new underground sprinklers, fresh turf, new pressure washer and now he's talking about getting a trailer...to haul stuff in (what stuff I don't know) but he says he needs one! 

Any ways I'm back to buying house stuff.  I've been to Hudson Madison, Winners/Home Sense, Cozy Home and all the other little shops in Abbotsford trying to find the perfect house accessories.  I'm slowly getting there!  Today's finds were these cute little hooks from Cozy Home.  They are going in Nate's room (although I'm sure it'll take Kev a few months to get them hung up:-)  I was a little unsure about the two different color hooks but they didn't have two of a kind.  Once I got them home I think they'll actually look quite cute with the two different colors!

I also found these candle holders for our bedroom from Cozy Home:

I know I could have found something similar for way less at Home Sense but I've been looking and haven't had any luck!  Now I just need some candles!

And chirpy (Lincoln's bird from Maui) has found his way into our home.  I know the bird should probably be in the cage but I loved how Urban Barn had the orchid set up in the bird cage!

Sometimes when I'm a little indecisive about things I buy and I'm not quite sure if it goes or if it was really what I was looking for, I find it helps when I take a picture of it and then see what everything looks like in a picture!   I only wish my picture taking skills were as good as others!  I love when people take pics of rooms in their house and it just looks so complete and perfect (maybe that's why I love this blog so much (http://www.maillardvillemanor.com/p/house-tour_17.html).  Her rooms are just so complete and perfect!  Everything has a place and nothing looks cluttered!  I want to be able to take pictures of the rooms in my house and see that completeness in them!  Work in progress, work in progress, work in progress:-)

1 comment:

  1. i'll tell you a trick... "stage" each room for the pics. Remove all the real-life crap like flyers and bills from the counter then take the pic... Then put all the real life crap back in the cluttery place it belongs ;)

    ReplyDelete