Monday, August 15, 2011

Maui Adventures Part 2

Nathan is officially our new water baby...Lincoln only like pools when we can touch but loves hot tubs!  We spent many days in Maui hanging by the pool!  And with the view...how could we not!









When we were in Maui it was whale season...and I love whales...so whale watching was on my to-do list!  We left the kiddies at home with my parents and Kev, Brenda, Dusty and I headed out on a catameran in search of some whales...and whales we saw...some 5000 yards away!  We didn't get as close as I would have liked but there is something about whales that captivates me!  At one point I caught myself smiling so hard my cheeks were starting to hurt! 






We took the kids to the Maui Ocean Center and Lincoln loved it!  Nate was so fascinated by all the fishies!  We fed Linc hot dogs and Shaved Ice for lunch and well needless to say that was a hit!



Lincoln and I-2.5 years old!

Lincoln and 1 when he was 6 months old!

Nate and 1 when he was 9 months old!





Our family at the Maui Ocean Center

And the first time we were at the Maui Ocean Center
Road to Hana-a must when in Maui-we took the back roads home and the sceniary is magnificant, it's breathetaking, it's just gorgeous!  It was our second time doing this 9.5 hour road trip and the first time we did it was back in July and the kids were perfect and by perfect I mean PERFECT-not a squeak or a squeal from either one of them!  This time around we had a few bumps along the road but what could we really expect with a 9 month old and a 2 and half year old.  We didn't get to take in all of the beauty of the back roads this time a round because the sun sets ealier in the winter but none the less it was still beautiful and fun!  My highlight was probably sitting in the back of the car feeding the kids while Kev was driving and the two of us were singing at the top of our lungs...poor kids:-)  My highlight from our first road to Hana road trip was driving through the back roads (which by the way is a one way dirt road-which they call a highway), taking in the beauty of it all and listening to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I
Seriously...listening to that song completed our trip.  Our first road trip to Hana will forever be engraved in my mind.  It was one of those days I'll never forget.  And every time I hear this song I think of the beauty of that day!  Me and my babies road tripping it in Maui-one of the best days of my life.







Trying to get a family photo at the Lava Tube!

Us at the Lava Tube 6 months before!






And the day before we left the sun came out and it was blazing!  That was my "mommy day."  I headed to the beach with my beach chair, suntan lotion, new books and trashy gossip magazines!  I lyed in the sun basking it in...taking in it's warmth while it tanned my skin a beautiful golden brown.  It was heaven...even then that really doesn't describe it!  I was at the beach for 5 hours...5 glorious hours in the sun listening to the waves crash all by myself...I am sure any mom can appreciate how wonderful that was.  I did miss by babies!  When I got down to the beach there were these families there playing in the water with their kids and building sandcastles and i thought to myself "my babies should be here too" but I knew I needed this day to myself.  I did secretly wish that Kev would bring the kids down to see me but he too knew I needed this day!




No comments:

Post a Comment