Sunday, August 7, 2011

Getting Organized!

Yesterday I set out to clean the house.  I don't know if it's the beginning stages of nesting or if it was sheer inspiration (thank you Maillardville Manor)!  Either way I was excited and motivated!  And the fact that the sun wasn't shining (well until later on) didn't bother me one bit!  I was happy to be house bound for the day cleaning! 

We just moved (a few months ago), and for the most part, I got rid of a lot of junk.  But it's amazing how fast junk and clutter can accumulate again.  I had a few cabinets that needed a good cleaning (mostly my pantry and spice cupboard) and yesterday I did it!  And once I started I really didn't want to stop.  I was able to tackle the kids bathroom which is now complete and the linen closet (I've always wanted a linen closet).  I also cleaned out the boys drawers-gave a little to MCC and put some of Lincoln's smaller stuff into Nathan's drawers until he's old enough to fit it!

I am a list  maker.  Love lists!  This weekend I was able to go through and make a "things I need to buy" list.  Containers, jacket hooks, baskets, bench for the laundry room etc.  I just can't wait to get every room in the house complete.  And the best part of making lists...checking items off!  The only room I have completed so far is the boys bathroom.  It is cleaned, organized and decorated (well as much as you can decorate a bathroom).  And here is the only completed room(s) in our house:




Here's a few pics from my cleaning and organizing expedition:

Starting with the pantry:


BEFORE

AFTER























I found these baskets at Costco and they worked perfectly for the cupboard above the fridge:


And my other Costco find:
Three Rubbermaid containers for $15!  Now I just need to make some labels (I'll be using the label maker at work tomorrow...for work purposes only of course).  Love that my rice, sugar and flour are now stored nicely.  No more bags rolled up in the pantry!

I also had to do some minor drawer cleaning.  I even went through our "container drawer" and got rid of containers that didn't have lids and lids that didn't have containers and it looks so much cleaner and organized.  I'm hoping it'll stay that way!



And the dreaded spice cabinet is now beautifully organized thanks to my pantry organizer:

BEFORE
AFTER
 My cupboards didn't need to be organized but they got a good dusting:



And my linen closet is now perfect!  Baskets for extra linens and extra toiletries and the container with drawers for tape, ribbon and gift bags!


Who knew organizing could be so darn fun!!!!

And one more picture...just because he's so darn cute and I just love his new hat!

1 comment: