Monday, August 1, 2011

Lincoln turns 3!

Well Lincoln turned 3!  I know alot of parents say this but seriously "where has the time gone?"  Lincoln was lucky enough to spend his third birthday in Maui.  I made him a delicious breakfast and we spent the day at the beach. 

In fact Lincoln has spent every birthday at the beach.  I think it's his birthday tradition!
Lincoln's first birthday!

Lincoln's second birthday!

Lincoln's third birthday!
 
Another birthday tradition is eating McDonald's for dinner!  Who doesn't love McDonald's:-)


We finished off the night with some cupcakes to celebrate his birthday:

And of course I had to take his "third birthday picture."  For the first two years I take a picture of them every month on the day they were born and then on their birthday afte that!  It's crazy watching them change!

He sure has grown up since he was this little man:
So new and so fresh!
We decided to have Lincoln's party at the end of July.  Our families were away and it was the one day we could get everyone together.  July 31...you would think the weather should be nice.  But of course I was awaken at 6:00 am to the sound of pouring rain.  Why oh why did it have to rain on his birthday?  The day before was sunny and the day after was sunny.  That morning Lincoln and I went to mama and papa's house to gather ALL the party stuff to bring back to our place.  Lincoln loves Thomas and anything to do with trains so we had a Thomas party.  And I have to say I'm actually kinda glad we had the party at our place.  The kids were able to to play and it was nice being in my kitchen getting everything ready.  I also have to admit most of the food for Lincoln's party was for me!  Chocolate covered strawberries, corn and bean salsa, chips, blue velvet cupcakes...yup all for me!  I wanted to feast!  It's true...I slaved in the kitchen all day making delicious things for meyself (and our guest of course) but I know Lincoln could have cared less if he had chocolate covered straweberries at his party!
I put the strawberries in the fridge before they completely cooled off and they turned a wierd brown.  Once they were out of the fridge again they went back to normal.



Let the party begin:


He was so excited when he came home to see everything set up!  It was hard work.  I spent all day Saturday dipping strawberries, baking cupcakes, icing cupcakes, making salsa etc.  My kitchen was a disaster.  Next year I think we'll opt for McDonald's-no clean up, no mess, no stress!  I like the sounds of that and I don't think Lincoln would complain!

My friend Michelle made thise delicious brownie pops!  Lord only knows I wasn't attempting these again:


 Lincoln just hanging out with some of his buddies: 


 Lincoln's one request was an ice cream cake!
 And he got spoiled!

 This was the sweetest part!  He loves singing happy birthday and while we were all loudly singing to him he quietly sang happy birthday to himself.  Lincoln you melt my heart!
Happy 3rd Birthday to our sweet Lincoln!  You are so very loved!!!!

1 comment:

  1. ok first I got hungry looking at that beautiful spread, and then by the end I literally had tears in my eyes.. This is so sweet and beautiful Tabitha! All of your pictures from each year are just perfect... Your such a great Mother your boys are so lucky :)

    Its nice to see you all looking so happy and well.. and nice shirt by the way (the black one) where did you get it? its so elegant !

    ReplyDelete