Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Weekend!

Friday marked Kevin and I's 5 year anniversary!:-)  On Saturday we were going to enjoy a day out in Vancouver just the two of us followed by a delicious dinner at Hy's steakhouse.  It never happened!  We both woke up Saturday morning stuffed up with sore throats.  We knew we couldn't enjoy our dinner not being able to taste it all stuffed up.  Nor did I want to spend a day walking around with piles of kleenexes in hand!  We decided to postpone our date:-(  Instead I spent the weekend cleaning, organizing and napping.  I have also spent the last three nights sleeping on the couch...I opted for this!  Why would I do that?  Well because when Kev's sick he takes Nytol (or something like that) which knocks him into a deep glorious slumber which also involves nose and throat gargling noices.  The couch was clearly a better option for me.  And my sweet Lincoln always found me there in the morning for snuggles.  I heart sleeping with my sick baby!  I am so over being sick.  I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I've had 3 colds!  Along with allergies and 6 weeks of awful morning, noon and night sickness!  I'm so done with being sick! 

2 of my sick babies!

One thing about our new place that I love is all the closets!!!  We have two for jackets and shoes.  I finally went through both and cleaned them out.  And I finally tossed my size 6 Aldo shoes from 1990 something.  I also might add that I'm not a size 6...my mom is.  I took the shoes from my mom and have worn them ever since-I've had them for 12 plus years and...I'm a size 8.  Yes they needed to go!  Those vintage beauties served their purpose and brought many years of joy to my life.  I also let go of my two down filled Gap vests.  Those two were from 1990 something as well.  And they are in fact kids XXL vests.  Yes those too needed to go.  Awww sometimes it's not easy letting go.  I also had a moment of "do people even wear vests anymore?"  I came to the conclusion that they don't so the vests are off to MCC.  And the shoes made it safely to the trash...FINALLY!!!!!




I also found these over priced OXO containers at Home Sense.  At $13 a piece I was a little hesitent in buying them (and that's at Home Sense's discount price).  They are excellent quality and are stackable which I love for the smaller ones but I couldn't help but think "maybe I should get the cheaper ones from Ikea."  I haven't fully decided what I'm gonig to do yet but I'm thinking of them as an investment...these containers are going to last me a life time...right?  Since they are abit pricer I might buy a few each month.  I don't think I can justify spending a few $100 on containers in one purchase.


I googled organized pantries and came across this blog.  Their pantry is amazing!  I'm a bit envious!  Especially after I spent all last weekend "organizing" and "cleaning" mine!  My pantry will continue to be "a work in progress!"  I have my great grandmothers dishes and they were stored in the pantry in a box wrapped in newspaper.  I finally picked up these and stored them away nicely:

So I scratched a few areas off my list: the powder room, the hall closets and our kitchen.  Finally some "areas" in our house are complete and organized.  But like I said.  The pantry is still "a work in progress."  But the kitchen as a whole is basically complete.  And I love it!!!!!!  All the cupboards and cabinets have been cleaned and organized.  And I have finished decorating the kitchen.  I am still looking for 2 containters to store our medications and bandaids in but for now they are stored nicely in the cabinet. 

The complete and organized areas:





I finally found a new rug this weekend at SuperStore of all places.  I'm not IN LOVE with it but it was $50 and it sure beats the little piece of carpet we had there from when we first moved in (it was a piece of carpet left over from when they installed our carpets).  I was really hoping to find THE  carpet-they one that I must have and couldn't live without!  Of course now that I've bought one I'll find the one!  It'll do for now:

Our laundry room is my next project room.  All I need is hooks for jackets and a little bench.  Our laundry room isn't huge but it's also not as small as our old one!  We have a closet for jackets right outside our laundry room but I'm looking for hooks to hang on the wall so we can quickly grab our jackets and go.  I'm thinking a trip to Target is in order!  I also want one at the kids level so that Lincoln can get his jacket on himself.  I also found a bench!  I didn't want anything too long or too big and I wanted something so that I could store things (like in baskets).  And I found this one at Home Sense!

It's perfect!  And I love that I can store hats, scarfs and mittens in it!  And it's soft to sit on and doesn't take up too much room!  And I love the fabric!  Ahhhh how I love Home Sense!  

No comments:

Post a Comment