Monday, August 15, 2011

Nathan's First Birthday Party!

So............my little man is 1:-)  And it's bitter sweet.  Bitter because they grow up SO fast and we'll never be able to go back and relive that year.  And sweet because he is happy and healthy and growing and learning.  And we have years ahead of us to watch him learn and grow and discover.  I was emotional about Nate's birthday.  I always get emotional over the first birthday.  It's special.  Not that their other birthday's aren't special but there is just something about the first birthday.  Maybe because they change so much in the first year.  And maybe because my maternity leave is coming to an end:-(







Nate was born at 1:10 in the morning.  It made me a little sad that I wouldn't be able to wish him happy birthday at the time he was born.  So...I snuck into his room.  Woke him up.  Rocked him in the rocking chair.  Sang happy birthday to him...and cried.  I cried sweet tears.  What an amazing year it's been and what an amazing little boy I have.  And we snuggled like we did the first night he was born-when I couldn't put him down...not for a second.  It was a pretty sweet moment.  I love my little boy:-)
I could snuggle this sleeping little guy all night long:-)

We had a little party at our house to celebrate Nate.  He had no idea what was going but I'm sure he felt the love.  A lot of blood, sweat and a few tears went into planning his party.  I had two little helpers helping me along the way.  I think they were just there to eat chocolate batter:

I know Nathan will never remember his first birthday but I still wanted the day to be special.  I baked and prepped and cleaned and organized and his little party turned out so cute!



And our little man was spoiled:

And he quite enjoyed his cupcake:


Sometimes I wonder where the year went.  But I know where it went.  It went towards loving these two little boys.  These two little boys that have changed my life.  And it doesn't get much better than this:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment