Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nate's Room-90% Complete

I thought I'd post this now because if I know my husband it will still be a few more weeks maybe even months before Nate's room is 100% complete.  No pressure Kev!  When we were building our house we had the painter paint Nate's room with two colors and because our "extras" were adding up I thought I would leave it up to Kev to put up the chair rail.  I probably should have just paid the builder (which happened to be my dad) because 8 months later (ugh!) it still isn't up!  My sweet, sweet, sweet husband did however (finally) put the curtains up in Nate's room and I love them!

Anyways my inspiration for Nate's room came from Sarah Richardson-I love love love her and in a perfect world I'd have her design every room in my house!  She's absolutely amazing!

Here's my inspiration:
http://www.hgtv.ca/sarahshouse/episodes.aspx?sectionid=210&categoryid=5214360643347152441&postid=47834



Now Nate's room doesn't look as beautiful as this one but I needed a starting point!  I was able to get the same curtains from Ikea and I got the same blue paint for the top portion of the chair rail.  I purchased vinyl letters from Etsy but I'm still not sure if I'm going to put them up.  I'm just worried about getting them straigt and trying to space them correctly-it could turn out great or it could be disastrous!  I loved the softness of this room and all the different fabrics and patterns!  I had an issue with the curtains from Ikea-the pattern didn't go all the way to the edge of the curtain which left a large cream colored space and it looked "off."  I don't sew or have access to a sewing machine so I cut a little slit where the curtains go on the rod and pinned it back and then I ironed the curtains so that it took away all the cream space so that the leaves on the curtain went all the way to the edge!  It turned out great!  And I have to say I was quite proud of myself!



And I absolutely loved these star hooks from Cozy Home:


And Nate's little elephant chair!  He loves this chair and I love HomeSense:

So here's my littlest mans room-90% complete!

And because I'm not a photographer
and a lover of Instagram:-)
And I know the pics are dark but they are just so much easier to upload:-)





I really really really wish I hadn't bought matching furniture for the boys rooms!  At the time it seemed like the "right" thing to do-buy all the matching pieces but ever since I saw my inspiration picture I really wish I would have bought a different color dresser and crib.  The crib Sarah Richardson used is from Ikea and it's painted blue and as much as I love it I also know I never ever in a million years would have bought a crib and painted it.  Never.  I'm just not a DIY type of girl.

And on a side note I'm happy we haven't found out what we are having with baby number 3.  Lincoln is going to be moving into the big room (why we didn't do this when we first moved in I'll never know....Kevin!)  But now I need to figure out what to do with his room (hopefully before baby #3 comes).  I just think if I knew what I was having it would be "kids room decorating overload" right now!

1 comment: