Monday, November 21, 2011

2011 Christmas Photo's!

Photo's with Santa should be fun, exciting something children look forward to.  Not for us!  For me, they are tradition (when the heck did this start) and getting 'er done with as little pain as possible. 

There I was sitting at the table Saturday morning sipping my coffee and "reading" the paper.  Santa was going to be at the mall that afternoon.  I originally planned to take them during the week.  I figured it would be less busy.  But that urge came over me "I must get this done NOW!"  So I showered, got the kids dressed and headed to the mall (sans husband).  I knew we needed to conquer this task.  I prayed there wasn't a line up.  And my prayers were answered.  Only because it was 2:30 and Santa wasn't returning until 3.  So the kids and I were first in line and it was painless!  Last year we waited in line and Lincoln got antsy and Kev took him around the mall to try and distract him, and it was hot, and the line moved so slow and it was not enjoyable the least bit.  But this year was awesome.  Well except Nate wanted nothing to do with Santa.  And to my surprise-Lincoln loved Santa.  Last year he had to sit on my lap but this year he was a changed man.  As I was paying I turned around to find him already sitting with Santa (Nate clung to my leg).  And when we were done with our photo's he even ran back to give Santa a hug!

And I had to go back and purchase the pic of Nate crying-it's a classic and I knew I'd regret not getting it.



And when did my face gain 25lbs?  Kev says it's water retention.   How did I not notice?  At least it's for a good cause!

And oh the memories from last year:

No comments:

Post a Comment