Friday, November 11, 2011

Family Dinner

Who knew eating out with kids could be fun?  We never eat out with the kids...well at an actual restaurant where you sit down and someone takes your order and then brings you your food.  We use to with Lincoln-that way one of us could enjoy our meal but when we had Nathan we opted to just order in.  The last time the 4 of us went to an actual restaurant Lincoln through a fit on the floor and then started licking the door.  I never did get my deep fried banana dessert that night!  If I'm going to pay for a meal I want to enjoy it.  So for the last 19 months the only time we eat at a restaurant is if it's just Kevin and I!

Tonight I suggested we go out.  Normally on Friday nights we order in-it's just so much more simple and easier.  We headed to the Spaghetti Factory (they're kid friendly).  And to our surprise the 4 of us had such a great time.  No melt downs, no fits, no whining.  Just some good old family fun.  And Kev and I got a glimpse into our future...the table next to us.  It was like looking into the future-I had let myself go and was sporting a stache and a bad case of mom bum and Kev was wearing glasses and was missing a tooth.  We had two boys and girl.  Then they argued with the manager about using their $10 gift card towards their purchase and how they were charged for a kids drink.  It was quite funny!  At that moment I promised Kevin I'd never let myself go.  And I'm almost positive the poor woman heard us talking about her stache for movember!

Gotta love family time!






No comments:

Post a Comment