Monday, October 4, 2010

Woodland Park Zoo

On Friday Kev and I welcomed fall by taking the boys to the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle and it was fun fun fun!  And the weather was perfect!!!!  Lincoln loved it...he absolutely loved it!  He’s been to the zoo before but he’s at that age now where he gets it!  He was so excited when we told him we were going!  We started off the day with some good old McD’s!  And I have to tell you it was the best McDonald’s I’ve had in a long time!  I literally inhaled my quarter pounder!  All the other momma’s at the zoo had these nutritious and healthy lunches packed for the kiddies-sandwiches, grapes, cheese slices etc.!  I always thought I’d be one of those mommas and remember a time in my life when I said “I’ll never feed my child McDonald’s...I don’t care where we are I’ll always pack my children healthy lunches.”  Well fast forward two years and here we are happily enjoying McDonald’s!  One thing I love about McDonald’s in America-they have happy meal boxes!!!!  Because a happy meal always taste better in a box rather than some lame bag!
 













Lincoln had a blast-walking around looking at animals and making animal sounds!  He was just yacking away!  The last time we were at this zoo was about a year ago...and Nate was just a little bean in my belly!  It’s amazing to see how much he’s grown in a year!  Nate on the other hand didn’t quite know what was going on but I think he was happy to just be there!


Our favourite animal of the day-the gorillas!  They were so much fun!  The little ones were fighting and playing around and Lincoln thought they were so funny!  He was just mesmerized by them!  And the elephants-he just loved those too!  Kevin taught him how to make the sound of an elephant and he uses his arm as an elephant trunk-just so darn cute!


I love days like today!  Making memories and watching my little ones explore the world around them.  I am so blessed for my little ones and the activities we are able to do together and for a husband who shares my sense of adventure and family fun!  I love family time!

4 comments:

  1. I know! I know! I thought of you guys too when we drove past mill Creek and when we drove past Boston's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the zoo! ive never been here though...and it looks like i MUST go. maybe next summer when kingston knows what animals are haha. you have such a cute little family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace the Seattle zoo is amazing-it puts our zoo to shame plus it costs less to get in! Kingston will love it!

    ReplyDelete