Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Date Night

On Saturday night Kev and I hit the town on a much needed date night!  We started off at The Keg for some steak and crab (or in my case prime rib with asparagus, and sweet potato fries) and it was yummy yummy yummy! Most of our dinner was spent talking about the kids and all the cute things they do (and the not so cute things they do)!  Even though we spend all day with them we miss them like crazy when they aren’t with us!   We then headed out on a double date to the movies with my brother and his girlfriend!  This is the second time Kev and I have been to the movie theatre in two years!  We must get out more!  After the movie we laughed like little school girls when we found my younger brothers truck in the parking lot and it was unlocked.  We thought it would be hilarious to climb into his truck and take a picture and send it to him (gotta love technology)!  Seriously it was like we were in high school all over again!  On the way home to pick up the wee ones Kev suggested we hit up Afterthoughts for some coffee (might as well take advantage of some alone time)!  I was delighted (plus I love their chocolate whip cream)!  It was a perfect way to end a great evening out! 

 Now that I am married and with little ones, date nights mean so much more to me and I’m sure any parent would agree!  Probably because they aren’t on a weekly basis anymore!  But we try to make the best of it...even if it’s sitting at home on a Friday night watching movies and eating movie theatre popcorn!  It's just nice to get out and not have to worry about cooking dinner, and bathing the kids, or cleaning up!  Plus it's always a bonus to eat my meal while it's hot!  Nate started eating rice cereal and I forgot how time consuming it can be (and messy and sticky)!  Gone are the days of hot meals for me:-)  Well at least for a little while!

2 comments:

  1. ahaha.. totally high school! LOVE IT!! mmm chocolate whip cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys are so funny!
    oh chocolate whip... delicious!

    ReplyDelete