Saturday, October 23, 2010

One of "Those" Days!

Yesterday was just one of “those” days-one of “those” days where I just want to erase the afternoon from my memory and fast forward to bed time!  It started at 6:00 a.m.-baby Nate thought that time would be a good time for him to wake up which in turn woke his brother up!  Thank you Nate!  If there is one thing I want my kids to know about me is that I am NOT and I repeat NOT a morning person-never have, never will!  I need my sleep!  The morning went pretty smoothly until nap time-that’s when all hell broke loose!  Linc was sitting on the “big boy” potty watching Thomas with no pee success when I informed him that it was nap time-he broke down screaming!  So distraught!  Man I tell ya this kid lives a hard life!  Does he not know what I would give to be able to have a nap every day!  So any ways he’s screaming and Nate’s napping and I’m trying to reason with him and I’m begging him to stop crying.  I put him to bed and he’s still whimpering, and whining and then crying and then I hear Nate screaming and now I have two screaming kids-1 which has only napped for 25 minutes and it’s just chaos!  Pure and utter chaos and I prayed the neighbours couldn’t hear!  I’m screaming, their screaming, we’re all screaming and all I wanted to do was clean my shower!  After a few hugs and kisses Lincoln finally calmed down and went to sleep but then I was left with Nate-poor kid with bags under his eyes cause he was just so tired!  I did finally clean my shower along with 5 loads of laundry including all of our bedding, floors vacuumed, bathrooms cleaned including the shower, dishwasher unloaded and everything dusted! Needless to say bedtime couldn’t come fast enough!  There is just something magical about bedtime!  Maybe it’s the fact that everyone is peaceful and calm and there is hope for a new (better) day tomorrow or maybe it’s just the peaceful looks on my baby’s faces when they're sleeping!  Watching those two sleep melts my heart!  I don't know what I did to deserve two beautiful baby boys but I am truly blessed even when days end up like today!  So off to bed I go thinking tomorrow is going to be a much better day.  Fast forward to 5 a.m. which was the time Nate thought it would be a great time to wake up!  This time I wasn’t having any of it and told him to go back to sleep!  But in the process it woke up Lincoln who then climbed into our bed and then Nate went back to sleep and woke up an hour later at 6:30 a.m. and he too joined us in our bed (please keep in mind we only have a queen) and there we all were in our bed at 6:30 in the morning all miserable, cranky and tired.  Normally I love Saturday and Sunday mornings when we are all hanging out in our bed but only after we've all had a good nights sleep and have woken up at a decent time.  Lincoln decided it was finally time to go watch cartoons which was at the same time Nathan decided to puke all over our freshly washed bedding (ya! Another 3 loads to do again today)!  I got Lincoln settled in the living room with cartoons, juice and his cheerio’s and just as I turn to go crawl back into bed I hear the cheerio’s spill all over my “just vacuumed” carpet and Kev looks at me and says “just breathe” and that’s just what I did and chuckled because really what can you do!  Phew it has been an exhausting two days! 
On a happier note I am pleased t o announce that Nathan has his first pearly white!  Yes that time has finally come and I have to say it’s bitter sweet!  There is one part of me that can’t wait to watch him and his brother grow up and there is this other part of me that wants my babies to stay babies!  Early this afternoon I felt a bump on his gums (I’m hoping that was the reason for the 6 a.m. and 5 a.m. wake up calls) and this evening while giving him his bath I felt it and I cried...a little.  There is just something about a gummy toothless smile that makes a baby seem like a baby and then they get their first tooth and their appearance just changes.  They just mature and as precious as his little smile is going to be with his mouth full of teeth I kinda want him to stay toothless forever.  Poor little guy was teething and we didn’t even know it!  He’s such a happy little guy and I had no idea he was about to sprout a tooth!  Let’s just hope the rest come in that easy!
And because I am one of those moms who feels the need to capture EVERY moment in their child’s life here are few pics of me trying to get a glimpse of Nate’s first tooth...it didn’t go over too well and it dawned on me when I was straddling Nate with his arms pinned to his side with my legs and one hand in his mouth and the other on the trigger of the camera that maybe I should wait and try this another time when you can ACTUALLY SEE the tooth!  Oh and here are a few pics from this afternoon at Fat Burger and my new purchase...a beautiful black and silver wreath (it’s beginning to look alot like Christmas)!  And yesterday Nate tried peas for the first time-it was an upgrade from his regualer rice cereal!  He was iffy about it and it cleaned out his system today-hello stinky poops!

Lovin the milkshake!


One "last" photo of his toothless smile!


Trying to get a pic of the new addition!


You can sorta see it (it's his bottom left)!


Messy Baby!



It's a beauty!


6 comments:

  1. I hope Sunday goes better for you!! yah to Nates first tooth!! aaaaand.. is this Fat burger in abby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope it's in Langley-it's deadly and their milkshakes-to die for! And Sunday morning-it was better:-) And Nate's little toofer is so cute!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe.. the first baby teeth :) mmm.. cheeseburgers.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh i totally know THOSE days! ...and THOSE mornings! lol.

    and btw, i like your new wreath:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the tooth, and I think the one to the right is coming in next it looks like, so 'just breathe' ;)
    I love that Kevin said that to you, it shows he understands how you feel, you are a lucky lucky lady ...
    'also, I would like to add, your baby Nate has the most beautiful delicious chocolatey melty wonderful Brown eyes I have ever seen.. ! He will be getting away with sooo much in life... look out ladies!

    PS: I had to wash my bedding almost every day for awhile when Grayson was small. I felt like I would lose my mind every time he vomited all over my hard work, sweat and tears :( .. then I got this lovely gliding rocker and transferred 'cuddle time' to that, as we have a King size, it was too much work to have to keep washing so much bedding on a daily basis! Cuddle time had to be either 'over' a blanket that was designated for baby on our bed (a thick quilt), or only in his rocker, when the vomit could splat onto the hardwood for easy cleanup , lol... maybe just keep him on a blanket of his own on your bed in the future..it worked for me!
    PPS: Love the wreath - you have reminded me to get into the Christmas spirit, and that we all have 'those days'...
    **thanks for the milkshake craving Lincoln...and a cheeseburger too...mmmmm Fatburger..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other one is coming in too! Any day now! Praise the Lord is isn't cranky! I lucked out-he's such a great baby! And his eyes-Oh I love his eyes too-they were the first thing I noticed about him when I first saw him!

    ReplyDelete