Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Braces

So today I went to my first orthodontist appointment...I felt like I was 14 again.  I sat in a little room by myself with pictures of 14 year olds with braces all over the wall!  There were molds that showcased the different types of braces and then there was this wall that had information about braces.  “Add a little sparkle to your smile with gold braces”  “Jazz up your braces with colourful elastics”...uh no thanks.  No wonder kids in school got made fun of for wearing braces-their dentist convinced them that it would be super cool to have gold braces-seriously?  OK so not my thing.  I just don’t know if I’m able to rock out the whole braces thing.  I mean I’m 27 married with two kids-am I past my braces prime?  I talked to a guy with braces and he looks down at my ring finger and says “well at least your married.”  Ya thanks buddy so are you telling me if I wasn’t married I’d have no shot in hell trying to pick up a man if I had braces?  Kevs always been very supportive of all my decisions so when we talked about my decision to get them and what I’d look like with them he joked “at least you have your personality.”  He’s lucky I also have a sense of humour (anybody that knows Kev and I knows that we can take a joke or two or three).  I have always dreamt of beautiful pearly whites and I’m getting up there in age and just don’t know if now is the time but then again when is?  Do I bite the bullet and do it?  Do I sacrifice two years of my life or go the rest of my life unhappy with my teeth?  Ahhhhhh decisions!  I’m so indecisive.  I think I may need to look into invisaligns!

FYI this is not me!


2 comments:

  1. Do it Tab! Don't spend the rest of your life wishing you had...you are beautiful, and fabulous and can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my girlfriend had braces at the same age.. two kiddies.. and took them off half way through.. she couldnt handle it.. I have never noticed anything wrong with your teeth!!

    ReplyDelete