Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our New Place

Our new place is almost done and I can't wait to move in!  I am no interior decorator and have absolutely no vision but I try.  My biggest inspiration is the Internet (thank you Internet) and my favorite designer Sarah Richardson (love her).  I am hoping everything will come together!  Our kitchen cabinets just got installed and I love them!!!  I debated in my head over espresso or grey mist cabinets (which are in our laundry room) and in the end espresso won (and because Kev said he didn't want white cabinets). 
My kitchen!

Awww so much storage!

Family Room

Laundry Room

I love the contrast of the dark cabinets against the light color of the walls.  The wall color we chose is called Edgecomb Grey by Benjamin Moore and I actually didn't choose it myself.  My (future) sister-in-laws sisters house is painted that color and I loved it!  And since I am not a visual person it was nice to see someones house already painted that color.  The colors we have in our house now are warm so it'll be nice to have a cooler color palette in our new place.  Every time I walk into our new house I think of a nice warm cozy blanket-and I kinda like that feeling.  I worried about the color-my brothers told me they didn't like it and of course I started doubting my chose (that was also when there was only one color of coat on the walls and there was nothing else in the house).  I am the most indecisive person EVER and can be easily persuaded so there comments didn't help.  As for the color now-I am happy!

I never thought choosing lighting would ever be an issue but it was.  There is like a million lighting options and it doesn't help that Kevin and I have very different taste.  In the end we compromised-he got to choose the light in his office and all the lights downstairs.  In return I got this gem:

And it was worth the fight.  As soon as I saw it I had to have it!  I fought long and hard and my husband finally caved!  And I am so glad he did! 

My absolute favorite designer is Sarah Richardson and she was the inspiration behind Nate's room:

I love the use of different colors and patterns!

The curtains are from Ikea and I love them.  I bought vinyl decals for the wall from etsy (love that website) and although his furniture is espresso I'm hoping it'll look good.  I just need an inspiration for Lincoln's room.

We've had a few bumps along the way: the carpet we wanted got discontinued, the glass for our cabinets got discontinued, we had an issue with a cut cable, the wrong color of gutters (although in the end my dad was right and the grey ones look better), and issues with the front post.  Now that everything is picked I am hoping the next month and a half go by smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment