Saturday, January 29, 2011

He Peed!

A milestone was accomplished today...Lincoln peed on the potty!!!!!  And I can't tell you how proud I am!  He's peed on the potty before but he usually sit there for 15-20 minutes just to pee a wee little amount and then we call it a day!  But not today!  He was wearing his big boy boxer briefs, we threw some Cheerios in the toilet, I put him on the toilet and told him to push-not exactly the words I'd ever thought I'd say to my son but hey he pushed and he peed and we cheered and he was rewarded!  Just like that!  He wore a diaper for his nap and when he woke up it was dry!  Yes!  We put back on his big boy boxer briefs (say that 10 times really fast) sat on the potty and nothing...so we tried again after dinner...told him to push and he peed!  And he cheered and giggled and I was so proud and he was so proud!  We may be onto something!!!

I've tried before...hundreds of times.  We put the potty in front of the tv and he'd sit there and every now and then he'd pee.  It would be completely random.  And he'd pee on the carpet and on the floor.  And then he began to hate sitting on the potty so we stopped and we'd try again a few weeks later.  He knows when he's done #1 and #2 and when he's not wearing a diaper and has to pee he'll grab a diaper and tell me he wants one on.  And he tells me when he needs to be changed.  I knew we were getting closer and I just think that now may be the time...and if it's not we'll keep on trying and I know it'll happen once he's ready!  I just still so proud!!!  I really thought this would be alot easier and was convinced I'd have him potty trained by the time he was two.  He is Lincoln and he's stubborn and dances to the beat of his own drum (I think that's how the saying goes) and he'll move at his own pace and I have to remember that!

And how cute are these two:

Look at his face!  He knew he was in trouble...he got into the veggie
dip I left on the ground when we were having our picnic!

And if you look closing he has a piece of a hot dog in his mouth from the corn dog Lincoln left in the living room!

And this morning Lincoln had breakfast with Kitty, Teddy and "B" (blankie)-he put them there himself!

After his nap he came and lied in my arms and passed out cold! 
I got up to get something and this is how I found him!

2 comments:

  1. awe.. olives at that stage to of toy friend animals!!! and I love that he will sleep anywhere! jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a good sleeper and loves to cuddle. When he wakes up in the morning he comes to our bed and cuddles and falls back to sleep in my arms! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete