Saturday, January 29, 2011

Highlights from our Maui Trip

We left for Maui on December 27-kissing Christmas good bye (along with the snow, and cold) and we were welcomed in Maui with warm, warm, hot sun!  OK the day we arrived it was cloudy but it was warm and humid and that beats the cold rain any day!

Our trip was awesome...no make that fabulous...no it was AMAZING (of course we had our melt downs and fits and tantrums but hell we were on vacation and the sun was shining)!!!!  The kids did good on the flight there and at one point the 4 of us actually napped all at once!  I'm not going to lie...it did cross my mind...a few times..."what's it like to fly without children?"  No on your lap...time to watch the in flight movie without anyone pulling out your headphones...reading trashy gossip magazines without anybody trying to eat the pages...enjoying my pretzels and coke without anyone trying to reach for it...closing my eyes and having a nap for as long as I want...savoring the plane meal (which were delcious sandwhiches by the way).  Hmm sounds heavenly but I can't complain too much...the kids did great and we were on our way to Hawaii!

We had a scare a few hours before we left...Nate swallowed glass (go Nate)!  I was vaccuming and Nate was out in the living room and when I came back in he was SURROUNDED by shattered glass (glass Christmas ball-now I know why parents by plastic ones).  And of course he was chewing away.  And I panicked.  I picked him up, yelled for Kev and shoved my fingers in his mouth to remove the glass.  I thought I had gotten it all and then i felt one more piece and Kev held him on the ground while I tried to get the piece and by then it was too late...it was gone...into his belly it went.  And I feared it would tear his insides to pieces.  Kev did some research (thank you internet) and said "kids do it all the time."  I tried not to freak out and we put him to bed and hoped and prayed it was going to be OK.  We had a scare on the plane when I went to go change his diaper...and I won't go into details but holy s^&* what the hell was I going to do a million feet up in the air.  I freakin freaked!  I knew he wasn't dieing but dear Lord my poor baby.  He wasn't in any pain and appeared happy and content.  Fast forward a few days and the little man was fine-no pain, no fussing, no more diaper incidents.  Thank God!
We love Maui!  And it's such a beautiful place to vacation with kids...no worrying about the water and heck...if they need health care-you know it's going to be top notch (and if you need to see a doctor prices start at $165 and that's depending on diagnosis)!


Like father like son!  Lincoln did great on the way there!
 


We are finally there!  It had been a LONG day!
 

One of our favorite things to do in Maui was go to the beach.  The kids loved it!  Nate loved the water and eating the sand (but then again what won't that child eat) and Lincoln loved playing in the sand (he wasn't to crazy about the water).  Lincoln and I had a sand fight-one of the many highlights of our trip!  He giggled and laughed like crazy and we both had such a good time!  Makes me wish I lived closer to the beach!



Lunch on the beach
 










My favorite picture!  Love the lady in the yellow life jacket! 
If only I could have heard the conversation between those two!
 






SAND FIGHT!!!!  Seriously he had a good time! 
 



Love this!
 



Baby Nate learned how to get his groove on-thanks to Uncle Dusty:


 
Kev and I split up the kids one day and he went with Lincoln, Brenda and Dusty to Paia for some fish and chips and Nate and I had a pool day!  This kid is a water baby!  We played in the pool and then layed out in the sun!  It was such a great day!





Love this kid!


Just can't get enough of his cute little face!



My Brother and Brenda got engaged on January 1 after taking a helicopter tour.  He proposed on a private beach...I'm sure it was magical!  That evening we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse to celebrate, followed by a walk on the beach!  It was a perfect night and I can't wait to celebrate with them on their wedding day!  I've considered Brenda apart of our family since the moment I met her (and I am sure everyone in my family would say the same).  Brenda is the type of girl you want your brother to marry and I am so blessed to have her as my sister in law!!!



Tourists!

Melt in your mouth!



Houston came later on and joined us!

Kevin has always wanted to scuba dive so when we went to Maui the first time in 2008 he got certified.  My dad got certified last year.  And the two of them have now become BFF's.  They went scuba diving almost every morning together and did a few boat dives.  I love that my dad and Kev have a common interest and it was so wonderful to see the two of them bonding!

And I learned how to scuba dive!  It's something I never thought I do but when the opportunity presented itself I knew I had to do it!  And I loved it!  Now I have visions of me and my boys scuba diving off the shores in Maui!  The experience was amazing!  You see the ocean from a whole new perspective...and the sound of the singing whales...heavenly!  The water that day was chopping so we didn't get to do our second dive but I know I'll scuba dive again in the near future!



Scuba dream team 2011!

Bahahahaha!
I love snorkeling but it's not easy to do when you  have two kids so when Kev and I went to the beach he stayed and watched the little ones while I did some snorkeling.  My mission: to find turtles!  I love love love seeing wild turtles and the beautiful fish.  My favorite is the spotted pusher fish!  My mom was great and watched the boys so that I could go out with my dad and Kev while they scuba dived and I snorkeled above.  The beach where we went had tons of beautiful fish!


Does anyone really ever look cool with snorkeling gear on?






1 comment: