Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's Been Awhile!

Wow!  This last month has been crazy!!  But crazy in such a good way!  I'm going to be working my way backwards because I want to be able to capture the memories from this last month!  As of yesterday we finally put our house on the market!  Ya!!  Our new place should be ready at the end of February and I can't wait to start decorating!  The process of building a new home has been exhausting but yet exhilarating!


There it is...the for sale sign on our house!!!!

And yesterday I finally got my invisalign braces!!!!!!  Right now my braces and I have a love hate relationship!  I have wanted braces my whole life.  In elementary school I use to unfold paper clips, put them in a U shape and then put them in my mouth to pretend I had braces!  I use to envy all those kids that got to miss class because they had an "ortho" appointment and then they were allowed to drink their milkshake from McDonald's in class "because their mouth hurt"!  Lucky bitches!!!  Anyway fast forward 20 some odd years and here I am with braces (minus the metal).  I really really wanted to treat myself after my appointment because I thought back to all those years when all those cool kids got milkshakes...but that wasn't an option!  Either was Starbucks or Orange Julius!  The down side to invisalign is that I can only drink water with them on.  Ya!  Water!  And of course all I'm craving is juice, pop, coffee...anything and everything besides water!  As I type I'm splurging and drinking a coke from a glass bottle!  And as for snacking-I have to cut that out too!  It's just too much work!  Take the invisaligns out (which is a struggle), eat a few Swedish berries, brush teeth, floss, clean invisaligns, put back in!  Way too much work for a few Swedish berries!  That'll take some getting use to!  As for the invisaligns themselves...um...I wanna pull my teeth out and scream.  OK today hasn't been that bad but yesterday was a whole other story!  I cursed all those who have perfect teeth and who have never had to endure braces!  When they were first put in I was like "phff" easy breezy!  20 minutes later, my eyes were bug eyed and all I could think about was "there is plastic on my teeth, there is plastic on my teeth, there is plastic on my teeth."  I am hoping and praying that after a week they'll feel like they've always been there!

Any way this coke is calling my name and so is the donut Kevin left on the counter for himself!  Sorry Kev!  And I can only have my invisaligns out for 2-4 hours a day so I must get to snacking (and to watching the Bachelor that I PVR'd from Monday)!  I love PVR's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment