Friday, December 3, 2010

Three Years Ago Today

Three years ago today I peed on a stick...a pregnancy test to be exact...and a bright vibrant blue positive sign appeared in the little window!  My life changed forever.  In that moment I experienced every emotion possible.  I still remember telling myself "take this moment in...this is what it feels like to find out you are pregnant...just take it all in."  I never envisioned myself telling my husband I was pregnant crying in the stair well at work shaking uncontrollably after taking a pregnancy test in my work bathroom.  I am a dreamer and everything has to be planned and perfect and needless to say that's not how I envisioned finding out I was pregnant.  I was shocked...really really really shocked.  It's not that I didn't want children...I have wanted babies really badly (in fact I wanted 10 at one point in my life) but I just assumed that since I wanted children so badly that when the time came it would take awhile not randomly on some cold December day. Little did I know how my life would change...how I would fall madly, deeply, passionately in love with a little boy...that love is unconditional!  I am grateful and I am thankful for that December day three years ago.  Thank you God for choosing me to be Lincoln's mommy, thank you for changing my world completely!  Thank you for the best life experience!  Thank you for making me a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment