Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh What a Night!

Last night was just one of those nights!  I know all momma’s go through them but knowing that doesn’t make it any easier.  Nate was a dream sleeper.  At 3 weeks we put him in his own crib still awake so that he would learn to sooth himself to sleep.  If he started to fuss I’d go in and pick him up to comfort him then put him back down and BAM the kid would put himself to sleep!  Heavenly!  I’d put him down at around 9 and he’d usually wake up around 5 a.m. or 6 a.m. for a feeding then he’d be back down till 9 a.m.  Nate was a fabulous sleeper and everything changed when we came back from Maui-I thought he needed a week or two to re-adjust but it’s been two months now!  Some nights are good and some nights...well not so much.  Sometimes he’ll whine for a bit then fall back to sleep and other nights he’ll cry and cry and cry and when I go in to comfort him he cries harder (my poor baby)L  That was last night.  Before Nate went to bed I fed him then gave him a bottle of breastmilk and to my surprise he drank it!  I decided last night was going to be the night that I would cut out his night feeding.  The little monkey went to bed at 8 completely full and at 3:01 a.m. he was up.  I knew he wasn’t hungry so I decided to wait 20 minutes to see what he would do and he cried and cried.  I went in to try and comfort him and that made it worse (break my heart).  I rallied the troops and woke Kev up to help me out and every 20 minutes we’d go in and check on him...3 and half hours later he was finally asleep.  Phew!  And I was up an hour later with Lincoln.  I really thought we were going to have to by-pass this whole “sleep training” thing!  So I’m back to reading Sleep Sense and I hope and pray it works...and that it works fast!  I don’t like to hear my baby cry at all...it breaks my heart and if i had it my way I’d rock him to sleep every night.  But I have to be realistic and I’m his momma and I’ve got to teach him how to be a good sleeper.  Lincoln was the same way and now he’s a perfect sleeper.  I know it’ll take some time but for the time being it’s hard.  But I can do it...I know I can...I have to!
But on a happier note my little Lincoln went pee on the big boy potty today!  Ya!!!!  Potty training and sleep training at the same time...uh probably not the best timing but we’ll see how it goes!

My sleeping angels!


No comments:

Post a Comment