Thursday, September 23, 2010

Kissing Summer Goodbye

The time has come to say goodbye to summerL  I decided to take the boys to White Rock yesterday-it was the last thing on my “to do” list for summer and the weather was beautiful!  And the boys were P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!  No whining, to crying, no melt downs, and no chasing after Lincoln while leaving Nathan behind in his stroller!  I couldn’t have asked for more!  They both were amazing!  I packed a picnic but we ended up eating McDonald’s for lunch instead (bad I know but the kid loves it) and we sat on the beach and relaxed!  Lincoln played with his trucks and Nate lounged on the blanket playing.  I decided not to bring my book to read because I thought I was going to be chasing after Lincoln but nope he hung around where we were and played.  That boy is such a boy (besides not liking to get dirty)-he had his dump truck and tractor and spent the day loading rocks into his truck.   Highlight of my day was watching Lincoln chase the seagulls while making seagull noises-he just cracks me up!  We finished up the day with a walk along the pier and then headed home.  The boys played in the tub and peacefully went to bed!  Oh I love days like that! 




When we had Nathan I vowed I wouldn’t be that mom that sits at home with her babies because it was too much work to leave the house.  It’s not always easy trying to run errands with two babies but I try to make it work and make the best of it.  I want to make wonderful memories with my babies and although I know they are too young now to remember I hope that they one day look back on the thousands of photo’s I’ve taken and be thankful.  I just can’t wait till they are old enough to take them to Disney Land!  I don’t know who’s going to be more excited-me or them! 
Today we are spending the day in our jammies cause it’s just one of the those days.  I do love always being out and about but I do treasure days like today.  Lincoln is napping and Nate is now up which gives me some one on one time with him!  Sometimes life just flies by so I’m going to take the time now to enjoy my littlest baby while he’s still a baby!

2 comments:

  1. brave mama!! i always forget about white rock! you should call me next time and I will meet you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete