Monday, September 20, 2010

And We Baked!


I am not a baker nor do I like baking but every now and then my inner Martha Stewart comes out!  I admire Martha and would love to be more like her but I have two babies to chase after and just don't have the time...maybe one day!  So I was cruising the Martha Stewart website last night and was drooling over the cookie recipes and had the urge to bake which I get every now and then.  So this morning Lincoln and I decided to give it a try.  We got all the ingredients out and Lincoln sat on the counter-he was my little helper.


  
First ingredient flour-which Lincoln got mostly on himself followed by sugar all over the floor.  I tried to fire him as my helper but that didn’t go over so well (tears, screams etc.).  We (and by we I mean Lincoln) had melt downs, tears and time outs and I had moments of “this really isn’t working out” and “Oh gosh this is so messy”  “Come on just let me stir it” but we baked and the few moments of happiness and smiles made it all worth it!  And if Martha saw my finished product I don't think she'd be too impressed but I think she'd agree that taste is better than appearance!  Grandma stopped by for a visit and enjoyed our baking.  And she taught me how to make coffee and it was good cause she told me so and she wouldn’t lie cause she’s brutally honest.  Yes I know I should know how to make coffee especially with two boys you think it would be a necessity in the morning but the truth is I don’t know how to make coffee and good thing she was here because if I would have made it on my own I would have done it wrong (apparently you really do need to put in a coffee filter). 
Overall it was a great afternoon with great company and I sit here with my delicious coffee that I made and yummy pumpkin loaf while the pumpkin cookies bake.  Lincoln is off with grandma and baby Nate is sleeping peacefully!  Uhhhh some time to myself!  My kitchen is a disaster (which is another reason why I don’t bake) and I should really go and clean it before it’s time to start making dinner.  I swear I could spend my whole day cleaning.  In a perfect world I’d have someone follow me around and clean up my every mess.  I can dream can’t I?

Lessons learned today:
1. How to make coffee and
2. Read the recipe before you start baking and while your baking


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog!! So true about cleaning the kitchen after baking...ugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete