Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

OK I know it's early to start thinking about Christmas but it's my favourite time of year and I'm having a hard time embracing fall so I thought that if maybe I got into Christmas mode I'd open up my arms to fall!  We’ll see...I’m still not over the fact that summer is over.  And I’m still holding my breath for one last heat wave...and I have a feeling it’s not going to happenL  And besides Costco already has some Christmas stuff out so I'm not the only thinking about Christmas!  I love everything about Christmas-the smell, the chaos, the baking, the wrapping, gift buying and of course family time!  Nothing beats Christmas morning especially with little ones and this Christmas is going to be extra special...it’s Nate’s first Christmas!!!!  And then we are off to Hawaii for 2.5 weeks for some fun in the sun (I’m sure by then I’ll be in desperate need of sun).  I’m just hoping I’m here when my buddy Chrissy births her second child (fingers crossed)!


This year I have a major dilemma...what do I get Nate for Christmas?  It seems like it was yesterday that it was Lincoln’s first Christmas and the tree was surrounded by gifts.  We have SO many toys...it’s unbearable...they are everywhere.  We even have a separate room designated for the larger toys.  I’ve even contemplated getting rid of some.  My poor second born is going to suffer because for the last 2 years his older brother has been spoiled rotten.  Would it be bad for me to not get him any toys for Christmas?  Maybe he’d appreciate a new car seat for Christmas?  Seriously our house is cluttered with toys and we’ve run out of space!  I’m a huge fan of Christmas and tend to go all out so it almost seems wrong to deprive Nate of toys and I don’t want him growing up with second child syndrome!  Hmmm what’s a momma to do?  All this talk of Christmas has me craving baked goods and tomorrow I shall attempt to bake with my two little loved ones.  Lincoln’s big into helping right now so I’m sure he’ll have a good time...let’s just pray he wakes up in a good mood tomorrow!  Right now the kid is moodier than a hormonal 13 year old!

And the quote of the day comes from my loving husband: "Don't write anything boring cause people won't read your blog."  Thanks for the love and support Kev:-)

2 comments:

  1. you can tell kevin that IM reading your blog- even if its boring, which its not :)im thinking of christmas too- we arent big gift givers (jo-ben and i with one another... if we want somthing we just end up getting it for ourselves and i cant wait for surprises... i always find the gifts anyways!)so we dont do christmas gifts with our kids- grandparents get them so much anyways! BUT i do love all the rest of it... especially the baking omg... looking forward to baking this christmas with asher too! :)ooo and all the fun stuff they get to do outdoors cause we are in california OH and dont forget egg nog lattes at starbucks! -amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen to eggnog lattes!!!! you know how I feel about any holiday.. let alone christmas ;) if you wrap all of nates presents seperately. it will look like more?!?! lol.. new warm blankies.. boots.. little crafts to hang on the tree.. books.. the possibilities are endless!!!

    ReplyDelete