Saturday, July 2, 2011

3 Years Ago

Kev's been a little concerned as to why I haven't blogged lately.  Well needless to say nothing much has really happened.  I wake up, go to work, come home, go to bed and do it all over again the next morning.  Not too exciting.  Today gives me a reason to blog.  Not only are we in beautiful Maui for 18 days but three years ago today I was in labor.  5 weeks early.  It was freakin painful.  I was not prepared.  But the end result was worth it.  Our lives changed.  My heart grew and over flowed with a love I never knew existed.  It's true.  When you have a baby there is no love like it.  It's unexplainable.  I can't even describe that moment.  I still remember when they placed him in my arms.  I knew he was beautiful and I shouted it out.  The world stood still and everything was beautiful and perfect.  I fell in love with our sweet little Lincoln.  He has blessed our lives.  One moment that I will NEVER forget is the moment they placed Lincoln in Kevin's arms.  Wow!  I just remember seeing the love in Kevin's eyes.  It was magical. 

Lincoln has always been stubborn and likes to do things his way.  It all started when he decided to come 5 weeks early.  I had waxing appointments booked.  My hair needed to be done and I was hoping to get a nice pedicure.  None of that happened.  Then the little bugger refused to eat and he spent 9 long and grueling days in the NICU.  Fast forward 3 years and Lincoln is still stubborn and still likes to do things his way.  He's currently sporting some major "ad-tude" as he calls it and we're working on it.  Parents say it's just a phase.  We are praying so!

I couldn't imagine my life without him.  His smile is brightening.  And the things he says sometimes just crack us up (like yesterday when he said to me "don't talk to me that way").  Like I said he's got some "ad-tude" issues that we are working on.  You love singing your ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Baa Baa Black Sheep.  You bring a smile to my face every time I hear your sweet voice singing.  You make me so proud.  You don't like to share with your brother.  But when you do it melts my heart.  I love how you love your brother and love giving him hugs when he's upset.  I love seeing your face when you are excited about something.













My heart is still overflowing with love and every day I fall in love more and more with him.  Lincoln I love you!  You made me a momma.  And I will never forget the day the Lord blessed us with you.  It is a day that I could replay over and over in my head.  Thank you for being you and all the joy you bring into our lives.  Happy 3rd Birthday Sweet Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment