Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day Camping

I am not a camper but after our day camping experience and seeing the joy on my boy's faces I just might become one.  Well maybe not now but it's a possibility in the near future.  Especially with having 2 boys-camping is going to become part of our lives sooner or later.

I don't like camping for a few reasons-it seems like alot of work for only a few short days, it's dirty, it's smelly, I don't have the type of hair for camping (I can't full it back), and I'm a bath type of girl and campgrounds don't have bathtubs (nor would I use one if they did).

I was a little hesitant taking the boys especially around the fire.  And I was a little unsure how Nate would do. He ate rocks, chips that were covered in dirt and was head to toe covered in dust and dirt.  But he loved it.  And yes I allowed my kids to get dirty!

And my sweet little Lincoln loved playing in the dirt with his trucks:

And the kids were great around the fire which was a huge relief!  And the boys got to go on their very first bike rides!  Lincoln of course was serious as usual when he's doing something cool and little Nate squealed with delight!  Loved seeing the joy on their faces:





And who doesn't love hot dogs cooked over an open fire:

And marshmallows:

And Gina was the most gracious host feeding us the most delicious dinner:


We had such a fabulous time!  And at one moment I actually got to sit next to the fire without kids...and it was relaxing!  And my kids were good and dirty and they loved every minute of it!

And we survived our very first day camping trip!

Thanks Butch and Gina for a fabulous day!  And for all that you did for us!  We truly appreciate it!  And thank you for letting us make wonderful memories with you and your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment