Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tonights Dinner

I'm not the best cook but I love food.  LOVE FOOD!  But I don't like cooking it!  And I don't like my kitchen getting dirty.  I have issues!  I've struggled with dinner ideas since....marriage!  And Kevin informed me the other day that I tend to make the same things over and over again (chicken, rice and vegetables) but I just change the spices from day to day.  Very true.  So I attempted something different tonight.  I attempted Jamie Olivers roasted chicken breast with pancetta, leeks and thyme.  It was super easy to make.  I enjoyed it but Kev said it was too salty and wouldn't eat it again.  He was however impressed that I was making something new tonight.

So later this evening I went to look for another recipe to try (my goal is to try a new recipe every day this week).  I was looking at the recipe I just made and realized I bought prosciutto instead of pancetta.  Oops!  Well that explains the salty taste!  Thank the good Lord Kev is at firefighting tomorrow night and I have an extra day to think of what to make for dinner Thursday night.  I'm thinking slow cooker pulled pork.  I found a super easy recipe and we'll see how it goes!  I just need to make sure and double check I buy the correct ingredients! 

1 comment:

  1. Try his chicken pot pie! Super easy and OMG delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete