Monday, June 11, 2012

Dining Room Chairs

Thursday Kevin looked at me with desperation in his eyes and said "I need you to continue your search for dining room chairs."  Like a good wife I obliged and headed straight to Hudson Madison to bring home the chair I had been admiring but wasn't willing to pay the price for.

When Kev came home, I showcased the chair.  He took one look at the price and said, "if you can get them down 25% we'll take them."

Challenge accepted.

I worked my magic.

And I'm pleased to say: the chairs are officially mine!  Well in 4-6 weeks they'll be mine!

Yes, friends and family!  No longer will you dread coming over to our house for dinner!

I have been searching high and low for dining room chairs for over a year!  Nothing appealed to me...well accept these ones but I wasn't willing to pay the price.  I was really hoping to find chairs at Home Sense but after a year of countless trips there I ended up empty handed.

I debated back and forth between fabric and leather chairs.  We have alot of brown in our kitchen and living room area (our cabinets are brown, are table is brown, our desk area is brown, are chairs are brown, our couch is brown).  And I really wanted to break up the brown color.  I thought about cream leather dining room chairs but then worried about them getting stained by jeans (you know when the dye from blue jeans gets transferred onto the material).  I love the look of fabric chairs but thought leather ones would be more practical because we have kids.  In the end the fabric ones won and I'm stoked!  I've decided to keep two of the sweet pleather chairs for Lincoln and Nathan-I'm not ready for them to ruin the new ones.  And as for London-I'm going to buy her a highchair.  I've been anit-highchair for awhile now.  They are big and bulky and not easy to clean (well at least I think so).  With the boys I just used a little Fisher Price highchair that connects to a regular chair.  It was practical and easy to clean.

I've now been told by Kevin to slow down on shopping!  We'll see about that one Kev!

No comments:

Post a Comment