Monday, April 23, 2012

Potty Training

Tomorrow it begins...potty training.  Saying it makes me cringe.  And once we start there ain't no going back.  We are going hard core potty training over here!


I'm channelling my inner Michelle Duggar.  Patience, patience, patience.  Deep breaths!  Remain calm at ALL times.  I can do this!

I've been procrastinating for a few reasons:

1. I was on semi-bed rest when I was preggers with London and potty training was the least of my worries.
2. I didn't want to do it after London was born because we were adapting to having a new baby in the house and I didn't want too many changes going on. 

3. I didn't want to do it before our vacation because I didn't want the hassle and stress of dealing with a newly potty trained boy.


4. Once potty trained I knew we'd have to convert his crib into a bed so that he could get up and pee in the middle of the night and I wasn't ready to be getting up with London and with Nate nor did I want to start having to get out of bed earlier.


And reason #5-I was just plain old lazy. 

Potty training is stressful business and I wasn't ready to take on that stress.  But now...now I'm ready.  I am sick of poopy diapers!  So tomorrow a new adventure begins.  I am praying for patience and that he catches on quickly.  And with the help of Lincoln we are going to do this!  And we are off to a good start.  On Sunday I heard Nate peeing downstairs as he stood at the top of the railing (after bath) and I rushed him to the toilet!  And with some encouragement from Lincoln he finished peeing on the potty!  And today I semi-started potty training when we came home from shopping and this was the text I sent Kev "...a 1/4 pee and a hersey squirt."  Yes this is what my life has come too:-)  Hershey squirts!  So for the next few days I'm going to be couped up in the house which only means one thing...I'll probably be bored out of my mind and start thinking of all the things I need to do/buy for the house which in turn will have me making list and analyzing rooms.  I'll probably through in some house cleaning and maybe even a little organizing!  Oh happy day!

Oh that sweet little face...it gets me every time!


No comments:

Post a Comment